Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue
Quote | Reply
Maybe some of the libs on this site can help us understand why it is okay to refuse a service to a pro-Trump group but not okay for a religious husband/wife bakery to refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. Protected class???

http://www.foxnews.com/...mp-delploraball.html

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its not ok for either..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
Maybe some of the libs on this site can help us understand why it is okay to refuse a service to a pro-Trump group but not okay for a religious husband/wife bakery to refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. Protected class???

http://www.foxnews.com/...mp-delploraball.html

Greg

I think any private company or business has the right to serve, or not serve, whoever they want.

I support this night clubs righ to refuse service even though I disagree with the decision to do so.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:

Yeah, I am pretty sure that Trump supporters are a protected class.

Yup, it's right there!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys are not a federally protected class
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could probably craft an argument that they qualify under the ADA for protected status due to mental disability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"receiving threats"

I wonder what that means?

I do like the name DeploraBall. I hope to be invited to one in the near future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe in equal protection.

Protected classes flys in the face of this.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Its not ok for either..

I should be able to choose my clients in any manner, using whatever criteria I wish.

Nobody should be forced to do business with someone they don't want to do business with.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a story running a few weeks back about how fashion designers were refusing to work with Melania after the election. All of a sudden they appreciate this fundamental concept, apparently.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
There was a story running a few weeks back about how fashion designers were refusing to work with Melania after the election. All of a sudden they appreciate this fundamental concept, apparently.

Musicians have figured it out as well. According to that liberal rag breitbart.

http://www.breitbart.com/...d-trump-using-music/

While there I, unfortunately, read a few of the comments and stumbled on the gem quoted below. Apparently he believes that republican is a protected class.

"If Christian-owned bakeries are forced to sell wedding cakes to fairies, then washed up musicians must be forced to sell music to Republican conventions. That is equality under the law."
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you're cool w/ landlords flatly refusing to rent to black folks again like it was the '50s? Perhaps you don't recall (or don't care, being a white dude), but we already tried that and it was kind of a problem...
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
So you're cool w/ landlords flatly refusing to rent to black folks again like it was the '50s? Perhaps you don't recall (or don't care, being a white dude), but we already tried that and it was kind of a problem...

No. I'm not "cool with" it.

Women have a right to get an abortion and I support that right, but I think abortion is atrocious and would recommend any friend or family member to seek other options.

Child molesters have the right to have an attorney vigorously defend them in court. That doesn't mean I'm cool with child molesters.

Racists have the right to be racist whether I like it or not.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They can go a few miles south to north carolina where their kind must be abundant.
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
"receiving threats"

I wonder what that means?

I do like the name DeploraBall. I hope to be invited to one in the near future.

It is hilarious. Love it.

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: DeploraBall Kicked Out of DC Venue [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
They can go a few miles south to north carolina where their kind must be abundant.

You're a real sharp one.

I think you are in over your head here. Try this link for discussion that is more your speed:http://www.kidzworld.com/forums/

Sheesh.

Greg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know the real reason from the multiple articles I've read. But I used
To go the the Claranden Ballroom regularly. It's just another yuppie bar. I doubt there is a partisan reason for this. It isn't even in DC. It's in Arlington.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply