Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HR 4919 , yikes!
Quote | Reply
Dont know if this has been discused here yet , but a little disturbing to say the least.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8RzlXfYBVW8

Should we be alarmed?
Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Obama!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A YouTube video about a Brian Williams news story? Yep, that's believable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't watch your linked video, but I did read the text of the Bill. This does not appear to be the problem infowars et al is making it out to be.

In short, the Bill provides funding of grants for non-invasive and non-permanent (yes, this is explicitly stated) tracking of individuals with dementia or children with severe developmental problems (the latter requires parental consent). Participation is clearly identified as being voluntary. That said, the Bill is short on details regarding type of technology, database security, and implementation.

Personally speaking, my Father died alone in the street after wandering from a care facility. Might have been nice to be able to get to him first. Dementia really, really sucks for all involved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like gotsand, i read the bill. Section 301 defines the terms and 302 has the relevant content.

https://www.congress.gov/...ress/house-bill/4919

It simply gives parents and guardians the authority to decide along with the health care providers, to have non invasive tracking devices for people at risk for dangerous wandering.

Big deal.

It also states the gov't cant require it and the patient can refuse.

Its nothing the tinfoil hat crowd is claiming it to be.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
but a little disturbing to say the least. Should we be alarmed?

Why just say the least? Say it all, what you think this means.

If this deeply troubles you, then yes, you should be very alarmed, because the world as you see it is a dark apocalyptic nightmare. I can only imagine where you picked this story up, and how they're framing it.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Dec 15, 16 7:18
Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I can only imagine where you picked this story up, and how they're framing it.

I googled it and found a whole lot of the nuttiest of nuts.

Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is fastball down the middle Alex Jones click bait material. That audience laps this shit up.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
This is fastball down the middle Alex Jones click bait material. That audience laps this shit up.

The funny thing is that in the 60's/70's it was the crazy Left who had conspiracy theories about the CIA implanting microchips in people's brains for mind control. Usually, time bomb mind control in the style of the Manchurian Candidate.

I did a quick google and there are people who think microchips are also a part of the ACA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Hence dirteater's post

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [gotsand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotsand wrote:
I didn't watch your linked video, but I did read the text of the Bill. This does not appear to be the problem infowars et al is making it out to be.

In short, the Bill provides funding of grants for non-invasive and non-permanent (yes, this is explicitly stated) tracking of individuals with dementia or children with severe developmental problems (the latter requires parental consent). Participation is clearly identified as being voluntary. That said, the Bill is short on details regarding type of technology, database security, and implementation.

Personally speaking, my Father died alone in the street after wandering from a care facility. Might have been nice to be able to get to him first. Dementia really, really sucks for all involved.

Why is it under the Justice Dept. and not the Health and Human services?

The technology and ability exists now, I believe. Do we need to have the Federal Govt. pay for this or should we take the responsibility for our loved ones ourselves?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

The technology and ability exists now, I believe. Do we need to have the Federal Govt. pay for this or should we take the responsibility for our loved ones ourselves?

Because missing people are handled by the justice system.

The govt isn't paying for the devices, theyre paying agencies to help find missing vulnerable citizens.

Last edited by: veganerd: Dec 15, 16 8:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:
but a little disturbing to say the least. Should we be alarmed?

Why just say the least? Say it all, what you think this means.

If this deeply troubles you, then yes, you should be very alarmed, because the world as you see it is a dark apocalyptic nightmare. I can only imagine where you picked this story up, and how they're framing it.[/quote
Why bother replieing if your too lazy to watch the clip? Congressmen Gomert on the house floor articulates pretty clearly
why some sections of this bill which are vague to say the least could be worth being concerned about.
Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
sphere wrote:

The funny thing is that in the 60's/70's it was the crazy Left who had conspiracy theories about the CIA implanting microchips in people's brains for mind control. Usually, time bomb mind control in the style of the Manchurian Candidate.

I did a quick google and there are people who think microchips are also a part of the ACA.

My wife's schizophrenic uncle thought he had a microchip implanted in his teeth by the CIA, his case officer was Richard Nixon, not THE Richard Nixon but a different Richard Nixon. The only time we visited his apartment he was watching what very well could have been Alex Jones. Whatever it was it was some sort of conspiracy show.
Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

Probably because the Senate will very quickly act to remove the language requiring optional non-invasive and non-permanent trackers for every citizen with an (as yet undefined) 'disability'. Finally, they'll always know the location of CruseVegas -- pro tip, that smart phone in your pocket already does this. Muhahahahahaha!

You're pivoting. The OP's issue with the bill (or whomever he's quoting) is not the idea that it may be an unnecessary expenditure. It passed the House, better write your Senator quickly if you think this is an example of egregiously wasteful federal spending.
Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [gotsand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotsand wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

Probably because the Senate will very quickly act to remove the language requiring optional non-invasive and non-permanent trackers for every citizen with an (as yet undefined) 'disability'. Finally, they'll always know the location of CruseVegas -- pro tip, that smart phone in your pocket already does this. Muhahahahahaha!

You're pivoting. The OP's issue with the bill (or whomever he's quoting) is not the idea that it may be an unnecessary expenditure. It passed the House, better write your Senator quickly if you think this is an example of egregiously wasteful federal spending.

$$$$$ are one of my concern.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: HR 4919 , yikes! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, didn't you watch the video with the scary sounding music?

She said it's Orwellian.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply