Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Secretary of Energy [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Looks like the Legion of the Unhinged are in full stride this afternoon.

Gaffes are horrible. Good thing Barack Obama never had any....

His gaffe isnt the problem. His stated desire to do away with the department is.

I also dont lioe hiw much his palms seem to have been greased in the past from energy sources that are less than environmentally friendly.

He did manage to build a shit ton of wind turbines, but he also likes deepwater drilling and fracking. Both diasters waiting to happen.

Not a very good feeling when the country has elected someone into a position, like this that you are so opposed to is it.

Think about how the other half felt 8 years ago, though I don't think things will turn out as bad.

See, this is what amazes me. People like Veganerd didn't seem to give a fuck about our concerns when they were getting what they wanted. So we elected a guy precisely we didn't like the policies of the last 8 years in hopes he wouldn't do more of the same. Now it's a shock when he is putting in people who share our views on agencies? Nobody is going to leave a nuclear stockpile out for the taking, but if you work in a division that doesn't do much, you should be worried. But probably aren't because a gov't entity is the closest thing to immortality.

I mean seriously. There is a parable about the scorpion and the frog. The scorpion asks the frog to cross the river, but the frog says he will sting him. Scorpion says if I sting you, we both drown. So the frog asks him, and they both are doomed. The frog asks why and the scorpion says its his nature.

The nature of gov't self serving and self perpetuating. It needs to be controlled. We conservatives/republicans elected trump on the premise of his nature being willing to change the system even if it breaks it and even if it dooms the whole thing. But something needs to be done and sometimes you need to hire somebody who doesn't play by well established rules, risks be damned.

I'm liking this.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply

Prev Next