Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Talk me out of buying a google Pixel XL
Quote | Reply
My Gen 1 Droid Turbo is starting to fail. I need to restart nearly every day. The Vol down button is broken. The battery lasts about 2 hours.

Got my eye on the Pixel XL, but it's backordered to mid January. I'm not sure I can hold out for the Samsung S8 in Mar/Apr.

Also, I'm on Verizon and not changing carriers.

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of buying a google Pixel XL [edwinj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does waterprooficity matter at all to you? If no, go with the googles.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone here recommended to me (this time last year) to look into a Nexus 6 which is a Google phone. That was the best information I got all of last year. I love the phone. So if I were you, I would wait for the Google phone. Mid January is only a few weeks away.

PS I have a Samsung tablet that I dislike using. The Samsung add-ons are irritating and clumsy.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of buying a google Pixel XL [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Does waterprooficity matter at all to you? If no, go with the googles.

Waterproofing doesn't concern me too much. The glass back does a little though. I do drop my phone on occasion and really hate using cases.

Guess I'm dropping an order for a G-phone and a case.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't like cases there are very thin ones out there that will do a decent enough job protecting the glass back. Just don't throw your phone at the ground.

The case on my iPhone is barely noticeable. Don't buy a phone without a case, you are just asking for trouble.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Dec 9, 16 10:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Talk me out of buying a google Pixel"

Nope.

I use integrated Google everything, just looking for an excuse to upgrade from my S6 Active.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of buying a google Pixel XL [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gonna go ahead and pull the trigger. Kinda disappointed there isn't a Blue 128G option.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
edwinj wrote:
Gonna go ahead and pull the trigger. Kinda disappointed there isn't a Blue 128G option.

Only phones worth considering currently are the Pixel and the iPhone. I have been an iPhone guy from the beginning but also have an Android Nexus tablet. I finally got my first Mac so I am sticking to the Apple ecosystem. But if you are going Android, the Pixel is the place to be. The Nexus 6P was the first really good Android phone, the Pixel is better. Samsung is not even worth considering now that the Pixel is available.

And my vote is for the XL. I had the regular sized 6, upgraded to the 7+. I was nervous that I would hate the big size of the +, took about two days to get used to it and now I won't go back. 5.5" is where its at, my old phone feels like a toy now.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of buying a google Pixel XL [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Nexus phones are pretty nice. I switched over from iPhone 4 to Nexus 5, now have a 5x. I don't see myself going back to iPhone any time soon.

Have you had problems with the usb-c connector? It's my only gripe.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of buying a google Pixel XL [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
The Nexus phones are pretty nice. I switched over from iPhone 4 to Nexus 5, now have a 5x. I don't see myself going back to iPhone any time soon.

Have you had problems with the usb-c connector? It's my only gripe.

No. What is your problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of buying a google Pixel XL [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
If you don't like cases there are very thin ones out there that will do a decent enough job protecting the glass back. Just don't throw your phone at the ground.

The case on my iPhone is barely noticeable. Don't buy a phone without a case, you are just asking for trouble.

LifeProof makes some great cases, thin and durable

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply