Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New HUD Secretary Ben Carson [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
TheForge wrote:
He probably knows more about HUD than most appointees. He lived in HUD housing for many years. He experienced on a day to day basis the suffering caused by good intentions.

I know a guy who was sick a lot as a kid. He'd probably be a really good Surgeon General.

Serious question: If Trump was keen on setting up Carson for a prime position in the administration, wouldn't ... Surgeon General actually be a good fit?
Quote Reply
Re: New HUD Secretary Ben Carson [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
slowguy wrote:
TheForge wrote:
He probably knows more about HUD than most appointees. He lived in HUD housing for many years. He experienced on a day to day basis the suffering caused by good intentions.

I know a guy who was sick a lot as a kid. He'd probably be a really good Surgeon General.

Serious question: If Trump was keen on setting up Carson for a prime position in the administration, wouldn't ... Surgeon General actually be a good fit?

Maybe. However, he's a doctor, not a health care administrator, and the jobs are different, which is why administrators run hospitals. Also, I'm not sure that Dr. Carsons professed political beliefs align with the mission of a federal agency charged with administering health care. I think he might think that the govt shouldn't have a role in health care.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next