Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Caribbean - do we try again - swim related
Quote | Reply
20th anniversary is coming up and we went to St Lucia on are honeymoon and we really didn't think it was that great. It rained all week which didn't help and we stayed at an all exclusive resort and no offense to NY/NJ people but a few left us with a bad taste - drunk an obnoxious at the pool. Heck, I grew up in the Philadelphia area but it was bad.

Do we venture back to some new islands? We love pristine beaches, not overly crowded, good places to swim (from and island to an island/cay would be cool), and good restaurants. We've been to Hawaii, all the islands, probably 20 times and that's hard to beat in our opinion. Good beaches and we tend to stay in a condo given our eating habits, convenient grocery stores, a little more room, etc. Would be okay with a smaller resort if we went back to the Caribbean.

While a small chartered sailboat with crew would be cool, I think we would have to limit that to 3 to 4 days at most then hit a small resort.

Any suggestions on islands?
Quote Reply
Re: Caribbean - do we try again - swim related [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im going to isla mujeres in February. Ive heard great things about it being laid back and not an obnoxious party spot.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cap Juluca in Anguila

There's no grocery store / eat in condo option but plenty of great restaurants including the one at the resort.
Won't see a lot of people it's some what exclusive. But there's options for boat trips, snorkeling, beach at resort is nice and swimming there is great. There's chairs preset on the beach so you aren't near anyone. The umbrellas set up with the chairs have a flag you drop and someone comes down to see what you need. Sorbet served every afternoon on beach. You won't lift a finger while your there other then to do fun stuff. It's awesome and incredible relaxing.
Went there on our honeymoon and hope to go back for 20th anniversary.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like they were from NJ. Or Staten Island.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Avoid the resorts entirely. Rent a small villa on Virgin Gorda, BVI. Laid back, gorgeous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
While a small chartered sailboat with crew would be cool, I think we would have to limit that to 3 to 4 days at most then hit a small resort.

Any suggestions on islands?

Tour the islands of the BVI on a small charter boat for 3 to 4 days then rest at either the Ritz Carlton on St. Thomas or the Westin on St. John's USVI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful out there. My wife has an acquaintance, a doctor none the less who lost her whole family in a vacation in the Caribbean. Some kind of freak accident involving like 15 family members (brothers, sister, parents, children). Basically they were wading in waste deep water and the sand sucked them under to their deaths. There one minute, she turned to look at her toddler daughter playing in the sand and looked up and they were ALL gone. Imagine having to negotiate the transport of 15 dead people from a country that is basically managed like a resort.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply