Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm puppy drunk. [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was a boy my dad had to put a dog down for that reason (lead poisoning). Sad day.

eb wrote:
killed a chicken

I sure hope it wasn't your neighbors. Hopefully it's different in your neck of the woods, but around here dogs don't end well if they go down that path. One of my dogs disappeared for a while once and came back with a chicken in her mouth. I was petrified that she'd go back to the coop and get shot, so I spent the next week canvassing the neighbors trying to find out whose chicken she'd gotten so I could offer restitution. Never did find out whose chicken it was, and she wasn't out of the yard that long, so I eventually decided she must've found an escaped chicken wandering the woods.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: I'm puppy drunk. [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was one of my wife's chickens and to be fair, the chicken was in his dog run which gets turned into a quarantine/sick chicken pen when the need arrises. He's a bad ass dog doing bad ass dog things... our other shepherd/coonhound has several chickens/cats to her name. I thought we'd introduced him early enough to the poultry, but I guess natural instinct took its course.

The unfortunate part was that nobody got to eat the f'ing chicken as it was sick (stuck egg or something?) at the time.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm puppy drunk. [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Six months old today! It's been a big month for Mike, he's started to slow down growth wise but he's had some big firsts.... finally got to go shooting (not gun shy at all), killed a chicken, first swim in the ocean, finally learnt how to jump and we've graduated from playing fetch to playing catch.

This page needed pics.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply

Prev Next