Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TWD Season 7 ***SPOILERS*** [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
right, this is one of those things about the show that doesn't make sense in real life but for the sake of the show to move forward you just gotta accept it...

I can accept Negan noticing a reload but why one bullet and why does is happen to hit Lucelle? I thought that was lame. I think it would have made a lot more sense if she pulled out her gun and it went off while Negan was disarming her. It's not a big deal but given all the shenanigans going on I'd like to see a little more thought going into the scenes.
Quote Reply
Re: TWD Season 7 ***SPOILERS*** [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it hitting Lucille and Lucille not shattering was a bit lame. I think Rosita "killing" Lucille would have been awesome.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: TWD Season 7 ***SPOILERS*** [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
I thought it hitting Lucille and Lucille not shattering was a bit lame. I think Rosita "killing" Lucille would have been awesome.

That would be awesome! I can't even imagine what Negan would do!
Quote Reply
Re: TWD Season 7 ***SPOILERS*** [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People seem to be thinking of reloading using commercially available powders and presses. I interpreted it as he made the powder from scratch, made the bullet from scratch, and pressed / crimped by hand or with tools not specific to the job. That would likely leave the round under-powdered which would keep the bullet from not only destroying Lucille but also not even knocking her from his hands, and would also likely not have enough pressure to blow the crimps completely out of the brass.

That brings me to another thought that the writers have conveniently ignored. Every gun shop and sporting goods store in North America carries reloading equipment, including presses, dies, bullets, brass, and powder. None of that has ever been mentioned as being scavenged, and has not been used at all. Non-gun people likely wouldn't know anything about reloading prior to the zombie-time, but I would think it would be hard to find a cop (like Rick) that didn't have at least some knowledge of the existence of the ability for someone to make their own rounds.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: TWD Season 7 ***SPOILERS*** [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except Eugene had mentioned mass producing anmo. That told me a press or substitute was present. As for powder. Blackpowder is easy. But have you ever seen a muzzle loader shoot. Remember how I mentioned that the cowboy guys use leaded bulllets for authenticity?
Well they don't use blackpowder which would also be authentic. The smoke is incredible and not enough pressure to cycle a semiauto that wasn't what was used.

Smokeless is a lot more complicated. In fact you need laboratory produced compounds not readily found in nature. Specifically nitroglycerin and other burn rates. I noted when question he referenced reloader. I took that to be powder. That is a famous brand of powder. With that said, reloader powder is a rifle powder. But to expect that would be too much. I would think primers would be the challenge. But a basic chemistry 101 student should know how to batch the compound used in primers. Hell, I had a buddy in my freshman year who created a batch of it and we painted sections of another company's hall with it. It was funny as hell until we had to Brasso the stains out.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: TWD Season 7 ***SPOILERS*** [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is tonight episode 1 hour 13 minutes? 13 minutes of extra commercials or 13 minutes more of episode?
Quote Reply
Re: TWD Season 7 ***SPOILERS*** [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Why is tonight episode 1 hour 13 minutes? 13 minutes of extra commercials or 13 minutes more of episode?

A little of both. So maybe 10 more minutes of show and 3 more minutes of commercials.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next