Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Legal Weed [Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The kicker is that, to the best of my knowledge, it's all true.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Legal Weed [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?"

Duffy wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Legal Weed [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
The fact that you rely on information from Wikipedia is telling.

I came across a lot people making this arguments:
"I smoke a lot of weed and I swear it is not a mild hallucinogen"
This argument seemed exactly like:
"I have lived here my whole life and I tell you the sky is red."

How would you prove to someone "who has lived here their whole life" that many people consider the sky to be blue?
You would take a easy recognizable source.....
Wikipedia works well for this.
But really their are millions of examples.

BTW it appears that for much of human history their was no word for the color blue. And in fact many people used the word "red" to describe blue. Think about Odysseus sailing out across the "wine dark sea"
Last edited by: dirtymangos: Oct 21, 16 9:01
Quote Reply
Re: Legal Weed [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dirtymangos wrote:
orphious wrote:

How would you prove to someone "who has lived here their whole life" that many people consider the sky to be blue?

BTW it appears that for much of human history their was no word for the color blue. And in fact many people used the word "red" to describe blue. Think about Odysseus sailing out across the "wine dark sea"

Even if we grant that it is a mild hallucinogen it appears to be so mild as to not even matter from a health perspective. Although that being said, even with serious hallucinogens my experiences were never such that I failed to realize I was hallucinating and mistook it for reality.
Quote Reply
Re: Legal Weed [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
dirtymangos wrote:
orphious wrote:

Even if we grant that it is a mild hallucinogen it appears to be so mild as to not even matter from a health perspective. Although that being said, even with serious hallucinogens my experiences were never such that I failed to realize I was hallucinating and mistook it for reality.

My perspective is that it is the "mild hallucinogen" thing that you actually want.
Otherwise why not just get drunk?

But the philosophical question I was asking was that - by legalizing pot you are legalizing experimentation with "altered consciousnesses" for profit.
Perhaps this is better left outside the market?
Maybe decriminalization is better?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://herb.co/...sychoactive-effects/

Here is a link that talks a little about different varieties of weed and their different effects. Clearly weed is being engineered for different "psychedelic" (ie. hallucinogenic effects).

Also note the repeated use of the phrase "mind-blowing". In this article it's a good thing.

Not that this is wrong...
But it is worthy of conversation.
Last edited by: dirtymangos: Oct 21, 16 9:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what you mean by "mild hallucinogen". To me, hallucinogen means that the substance is causing you to see something that really isn't there, i.e., hallucinating. I think that's why we are disagreeing with you, because that hasn't been our experience. With mushrooms, peyote or acid, there's a real possibility of that happening, but even then it's not a given.

As far as "why don't you just get drunk", there are negatives associated with drinking, mostly being hungover, that one may wish to avoid.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Legal Weed [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
dirtymangos wrote:
orphious wrote:

You should try (or not) high doses of MDMA. You cannot, at times, tell if what you're seeing is real or not. The hallucinations are so clear and innocuous ("look at that cat", cat isnt there) that they just seem...real.

Last time I did it I chased what I knew to be possum out of my house (we have a possum come in every night, that's how I knew it was a possum) that I could, with a straight face and pass a lie detector test, tell you that is was actually a very small Wooly Mammoth.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Legal Weed [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Me and 2 buds sitting on a couch drinking Molson Ex, listening to Sheik Yerbouti, got some shrooms from a friend in BC, ate some and nothing, ate some more and nothing, feeling a bit pissed off and needing to hit the john I tried to get up but to my surprise I had no legs and I landed face first in the middle of some very nice 1980's plush carpet, the thing I remember most is how aware I was but I couldn't move, and I laughed so hard and so long my jaw hurt, ah youth, I do miss you so.
Now it's a very nice low thc indica and some craft lager and ya know what? That's just fine with me.
Quote Reply
Re: Legal Weed [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Me and 2 buds sitting on a couch drinking Molson Ex, listening to Sheik Yerbouti, got some shrooms from a friend in BC, ate some and nothing, ate some more and nothing, feeling a bit pissed off and needing to hit the john I tried to get up but to my surprise I had no legs and I landed face first in the middle of some very nice 1980's plush carpet, the thing I remember most is how aware I was but I couldn't move, and I laughed so hard and so long my jaw hurt, ah youth, I do miss you so.
Now it's a very nice low thc indica and some craft lager and ya know what? That's just fine with me.

That's why I didn't limit these experiences to my younger years. You might be surprised what a much more mature mind can gain from a little psychedelic vacation....

...but be careful to unpack your baggage beforehand...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next