Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm Answering Trump's Call... [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Except the point that everyone else here is making is that voter ID laws, though masquerading as voter fraud prevention, discriminates and moreover is designed to discriminate. By accusing people of lacking intelligence who can't figure out the system (or for whom the system won't work) you're admitting this too.

Yes, the dems don't like it in part because it disproportionately affects their voters - but that's the while point of why Republicans are trying to enact them in the first place (Pre 2012 Republicans anyway. Trump is using it as a scapegoat for when he loses).

That's he standard argument but the standard counter is that these same people need an ID to receive their government benefits.

Who exactly has no ID?

Homeless - very few vote. Illegal aliens - not supposed to vote.

Who else am I missing?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Answering Trump's Call... [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do most illegals not have IDs? I thought getting fake documents was pretty standard.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Answering Trump's Call... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
Seems like it's happening all the time versus this being a rare exception.

Kind of like actual voter fraud.

Ask your fam around here about voter fraud. You also would think snow was rare when you lived in Hawaii ....the front line against voter are retired people and democratic machine members
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Answering Trump's Call... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
Seems like it's happening all the time versus this being a rare exception.

Kind of like actual voter fraud.

Ask your fam around here about voter fraud. You also would think snow was rare when you lived in Hawaii ....the front line against voter are retired people and democratic machine members

And you would think snow was all there was if you lived in Alaska. The plain fact is that several studies have been undertaken regarding voter fraud, and all of them have indicated exceedingly low rates of actual fraud.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Answering Trump's Call... [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goobdog wrote:

Who else am I missing?

People who can't be bothered to go get voter ID. There is a specific demographic that is highly represented in that category.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Answering Trump's Call... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Goobdog wrote:

Who else am I missing?

People who can't be bothered to go get voter ID. There is a specific demographic that is highly represented in that category.

You realize they can basically use "any" ID right?

Like a state ID, drivers license etc. the same id necessary to receive the government benefits. Or are you suggesting that these are extremely altruistic people that do not participate in the government in any way yet still want to vote?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Answering Trump's Call... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

And you would think snow was all there was if you lived in Alaska. The plain fact is that several studies have been undertaken regarding voter fraud, and all of them have indicated exceedingly low rates of actual fraud.

Low rates does not mean it can't make a difference, as the linked WP piece lays out. I'd think this will be an election to watch closely, as Trump has energized groups that have larger illegal numbers here in the states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...e-november-election/
Quote Reply

Prev Next