Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No more Navy enlisted ratings [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Well, that didn't last very long.https://www.navytimes.com/...heir-job-titles-back[/quote[/url]]

Knowing the guy personally, I would bet the Richardson pulled the plug.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: No more Navy enlisted ratings [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the new message. As dumb as the original policy was, it's always nice to see a large organization quickly reverse course when it becomes clear they were wrong. Doesn't happen very often.

http://www.public.navy.mil/...NAV2016/NAV16283.txt

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Last edited by: slowguy: Dec 21, 16 7:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Here's the new message. As dumb as the original policy was, it's always nice to see a large organization quickly reverse course when it becomes clear they were wrong. Doesn't happen very often.

Agree, its nice to see an organization have the humility to say "never mind" without a flame/blame war or a public execution of person (or some poor underling), to explain the "mistake".

My son is publicly celebrating this reversal, he has a unique rating as he was in the first class of new ITS's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Well, that didn't last very long.https://www.navytimes.com/...heir-job-titles-back[/quote[/url]]

A LT Cmdr buddy of mine from college sent this. I had a wise crack comment but refrain from such on Facebook. What are your thoughts on this? They said something about you spoke and they listened. Does that ever happen?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: No more Navy enlisted ratings [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
slowguy wrote:

A LT Cmdr buddy of mine from college sent this. I had a wise crack comment but refrain from such on Facebook. What are your thoughts on this? They said something about you spoke and they listened. Does that ever happen?[/quote]

I think it definitely happened in this case. The negative feedback on this decision was nearly universal, and fairly loud from a big group of current and former Sailors.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But were Hillary coming in, would it have happened? The reversal.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: No more Navy enlisted ratings [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

Yeah, I don't think this is a Trump v Clinton issue. I think this is just a result of lots of negative feedback from basically everyone. Even the USCG said they wouldn't be following the Navy's lead.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Yeah, I don't think this is a Trump v Clinton issue. I think this is just a result of lots of negative feedback from basically everyone. Even the USCG said they wouldn't be following the Navy's lead.

Would the Brown Water Navy even have that discretion? I believe they get consolidated into the Navy during time of war, no?

I'm a Navy veteran and glad this idiocy was overturned.
Quote Reply
Re: No more Navy enlisted ratings [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick E wrote:
slowguy wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Would the Brown Water Navy even have that discretion? I believe they get consolidated into the Navy during time of war, no?

I'm a Navy veteran and glad this idiocy was overturned.

No. USCG is its own thing, and part of Homeland Security. They can run themselves how they want, and don't have to do what the Navy does. It could be transferred to the Dept of the Navy by Congress during war, or, I think, by the President really anytime, if he really wanted. But I'm not aware of anything that would make that automatic.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

Thank you. I had a feeling things were going to change when CNO made the comment last week that they did not realize how the fleet would react to it.

I work on the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth compound and I can tell you that every enlisted was very excited today, every Corpsmen I greeted by their correct rate from HN to HMC had the biggest smile on their face. I also ran into a MRCS friend of mine, I will be his guest speaker when he retires next month was literally jumping for joy when I saw him this morning..

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Glad they stopped that dumb ass idea
Long ago in my Navy I was a BT they are gone,very few boilers left we had to become MM
Ratings are important as a identity of your skills.
Quote Reply

Prev Next