Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: It's all over - Arizona Republic endorses Clinton [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Obama, liberals and to a lesser extent republicans created the environment ripe for Trump's slash and burn politics. But the media very much made his success to date possible.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: It's all over - Arizona Republic endorses Clinton [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 to a lesser extent republicans created the environment ripe for Trump's slash and burn politics.//

Lesser extent, who exactly voted him in for the "Republican nomination", they had 16 other choices? And you are right that Obama started this whole thing by being born in Hawaii where getting your birth cert is a little more complicated than other states, how dare he. And don't spout off about him doing things as president, Donald began his career as the king of the birther movement, plain and simple. He never got over being roasted and embarrassed(no sense of humor when it comes to himself) by O at that press party and has made it his mission to get revenge ever since. And it continues today, just amazing how many people he has conned into joining him, sad really...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm specifically talking about republican politicians.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: It's all over - Arizona Republic endorses Clinton [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, got you. Plenty of blame to go around for the rise of Trump, first and foremost the declining critical thinking of a large portion of our population..He or someone like him was always to come along, still needed a base to push them to the forefront to get any traction. Perfect storm...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately nobody wants to address the concern. Republican leadership see it as a phase that can outrun with a little cheap talk about addressing the trump supporters concerns. Democrats just see them as racist xenophobes. And Obama? Well he can't ever admit he is wrong. Just doesn't communicate the right answer in the right way at times. But he is still always right.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Unfortunately nobody wants to address the concern. Republican leadership see it as a phase that can outrun with a little cheap talk about addressing the trump supporters concerns. Democrats just see them as racist xenophobes. And Obama? Well he can't ever admit he is wrong. Just doesn't communicate the right answer in the right way at times. But he is still always right.

Just a small quibble with you here because Obama has admitted making mistakes:

A week after U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria began, lawmakers continued to question President Barack Obama's strategy for defeating the militant group ISIS, which he admitted in a televised interview Sunday was more powerful than the U.S. initially believed.

"President Barack Obama said the worst mistake of his presidency was failing to prepare for the aftermath Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafiā€™s ousting."

"Conceding that he has ā€œfumbledā€ the rollout to his signature health care reform law, President Obama on Thursday said he will use executive authority to craft a series of loopholes to allow some Americans to keep their insurance policies for at least another year."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: It's all over - Arizona Republic endorses Clinton [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.nytimes.com/...of-donald-trump.html

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: It's all over - Arizona Republic endorses Clinton [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/02/upshot/debate-night-message-the-markets-are-afraid-of-donald-trump.html

The morning after the debate I heard some financial "experts" say the market had sided with Clinton. Their explanation was similar to your posts thesis:

" This sort of adverse market reaction might reflect concerns about Mr. Trumpā€™s unconventional approach to the Federal Reserve, worries about a possible trade war, fiscal irresponsibility, apprehension about national security or simply the cost of greater uncertainty."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm betting to the average person who gives a shit and isn't already predisposed, this looks like Dr Frankenstein trying to control his monster that he unleashed on the world and all these attempts do more to undermine the credibility of major news outlets as they were to participatory in the selection process and now they look really bad and transparently biased trying to reverse course.

Maybe had they done their jobs to begin with and applied equal scrutiny to all candidate (Hillary included) we wouldn't be in this mess. But now people like me have not choice but to vote for Frankenstein. Because I'm sure as hell not voting for Hillary or any third party that would put her in office.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See, Rich Lowry even agrees with me, and he hates trump.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I realize that you are a lost cause, but here's the San Diego Union-Tribune endorsing a Democrat for the first time in it's 148 existence;

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/editorials/sd-hillary-clinton-endorsement-for-president-20160929-story.html

I started out not wanting to vote for Clinton. Now I think it's important to make the Trump loss as big as possible. He's not going away unless he loses so big that he can't say a word about it. He'll say it was fixed. He'll sue. He'll keep all his fans fired up against the U.S. government. He'll start right up on November 9 to keep his campaign going.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! šŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: It's all over - Arizona Republic endorses Clinton [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will be some lingering media Trump fixation while he bellows and tweets about the injustice of it all, but the GOP will drop him like a bad habit on November 9, and pretend he never happened. That day can't come soon enough.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: It's all over - Arizona Republic endorses Clinton [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder what happens to Giuliani and Christie . . .

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: It's all over - Arizona Republic endorses Clinton [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see Giuliani suffering much for it. He's pretty much post-politics, in terms of his aspirations, I think. Christie is another story. I don't see many open doors in his future.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds about right. I suppose Giuliani was already headed into self-parody before shilling for Trump anyway.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
There will be some lingering media Trump fixation while he bellows and tweets about the injustice of it all, but the GOP will drop him like a bad habit on November 9, and pretend he never happened. That day can't come soon enough.

When the GOP drops Trump, he will take his fans with him into the Never Ending Campaign. When 40% of Republicans sign on to the Trump Party, who's left for the GOP?

Another question is how much damage is he doing to his business? He has somehow sold his brand and glamorous and high end. Now he shows himself as the leader of the tabloid fans and whackos, do the glamorous and high end people want to have anything to do with his stuff when this is over?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! šŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Oct 1, 16 9:53
Quote Reply

Prev Next