Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scandals: Clinton vs. Trump
Quote | Reply
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Lfd1aB9YI

Entertaining.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Scandals: Clinton vs. Trump [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shocking that John Oliver would find more wrong with Trump than Hillary.

But you must credit the Dems with taking a massive liability with the Clinton slush fund (foundation) and spinning it in such a way as to make it look like a liability for Trump.

Worrying about a $10k painting or a $12k helmet (both purchased at a charity auction) isn't even a rounding error on a decimal point of the Clinton pay for play corruption.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't watch. Foreigners given TV time to badmouth American politicians doesn't interest me. But even if his opinion mattered, it wouldn't here because the electorate or political machinery has given us to candidates so vile some of us have finally admitted it is about party or base political bias. Hillary Clinton, and perhaps trump could have undeniable proof they ordered the murder of somebody and nobody would care. Partisan bias would make explaining the issue away easily possible.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Scandals: Clinton vs. Trump [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oliver is a permanent resident married to an American veteran. At what point in the immigration process does one stop being classed as a foreigner and start having an opinion that counts?

(Honest question deliberately sidestepping the partisan part)
Last edited by: timbasile: Sep 26, 16 16:16
Quote Reply
Re: Scandals: Clinton vs. Trump [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is he a citizen, have voting rights and is subject to the same taxation as an American citizen?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Scandals: Clinton vs. Trump [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I do t understand why somebody would move somewhere and feel compelled to complain about it. Nor do I understand why any American would value the opinion of such a person.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I guess I do t understand why somebody would move somewhere and feel compelled to complain about it. Nor do I understand why any American would value the opinion of such a person.

How is talking about the scandals f both Clinton and Trump complaining? You really are an idiot.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Scandals: Clinton vs. Trump [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Is he a citizen, have voting rights and is subject to the same taxation as an American citizen?

He can't vote until he becomes a citizen, but he is subject to the same taxes as any other American.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

Maybe because not everything here is hunky fucking dory. It's possible to love something but still think it needs to improve. That's true for citizens, and immigrants on the path to citizenship.

And this video (and his show in general) isn't about complaining. It's about casting some light on the scandals of the two candidates, and in particular, suggesting that the narrative that Clinton has all these scandals in her past but Trump doesn't might be false.

Disagree with his opinion if you like, but ignoring it only because he came here from England (ironic given our founding) is pretty stupid.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Scandals: Clinton vs. Trump [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:

He can't vote until he becomes a citizen, but he is subject to the same taxes as any other American.

um, yeh. I can attest to that, as a PRC holder .

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Scandals: Clinton vs. Trump [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I choose to ignore it much like I ignore Halvard.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really. I just think we're beyond scandal. If you are willing to vote for hillery, how would anything g change your mind and vice versa. Liberals just can't be honest they to are hacks and sheep when it comes to party loyalty.

Bah. Baaahh

Quote Reply