Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist...
Quote | Reply
...and not a serious candidate for President.

https://www.facebook.com/...eos/971260562995879/

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See? This is what happens when a politician tries to take the long term view of things. ;)

I don't know if he's a performance artist, but he's certainly not a serious candidate.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is your problem? He is right AND he respects science.

You libtards just cannot be satisfied.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Sep 23, 16 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Do you actually think he was being serious about that?

Do you disagree with the rest of what he said?

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly my view. Global warming is real but fuck it.
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:

Do you actually think he was being serious about that?

Do you disagree with the rest of what he said?

~Matt

I'm still hopeful enough to think that candidates for President will give serious answers to serious questions.

Do I disagree with stuff like building more coal-fired plants? Well, yeah.

Did he actually give any solution? Well, no.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did he actually give any solution? Well, no.

Does anyone have a solution? Well, no. What he did say was that what some are pawning off as "Solutions" are not solutions at all. At least he's honest enough to admit that he doesn't have a solution and that in fact there may not be a palatable solution.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Global warming is real but fuck it.

I actually don't think he has a "Fuck it" attitude toward it as much as a realist perspective that the answer doesn't lie in taxes and forcing people to attempt to change behavior. He has the perspective that the ROI on attempts to stop GHG is very small where as the ROI for investment in even coal power plants is relatively high.

It's the same question that most refuse to even attempt to answer. There is a negative effect to draining resources from the economy into GHG reduction. Is that negative effect larger or smaller then the effect of not taking that action?

You take a billion dollars to lower GHG emission in the US by .000001% the net effect on global warming is near non existent. Take that billion dollars and invest in research that ends up in coming up with a cure for cancer, cleaner power source or even something more concrete like education or a hospital and the effects are far greater.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is saying that we should redirect money and resources from ineffective cap and trade policies to more productive uses. If anyone thinks the global warming issue can be solved by forcing people to consume and pollute less, they are incredibly naive. This is apparent not only by our lack of success in the US but our utter lack of control in China and other developing nations. The only solution is advancements in technology that make green energy cheaper than fossil fuels, i.e. a market-based solution.

But yeah, his delivery was terrible. I will reluctantly vote for him but I wish the LP would have actually nominated a libertarian.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But yeah, his delivery was terrible. I will reluctantly vote for him but I wish the LP would have actually nominated a libertarian.

He's not particularly well spoken, not actually Libertarian on a few issues but for the most part, IMO, far better choice then the other two front runners.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, I'm watching history unfold. Yesterday you mildly criticized a fellow dem (Weiner). Pretty sure that was a first. Today you are critical of the guy that can siphon votes from Trump. We are a big tent, Ken. You are always welcome in the GOP.

Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's not particularly well spoken, not actually Libertarian on a few issues

and has no clue on foreign policy, no set plans of his own on anything as far as I have read, seems completely disinterested in campaigning or even wanting to be President, has zero ability to create enthusiasm for his platform (because he doesn't actually have a platform).

But, other than that, not really a bad candidate at all...

Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Wow, I'm watching history unfold. Yesterday you mildly criticized a fellow dem (Weiner). Pretty sure that was a first.

I'm on record as despising Hillary Clinton. Pay attention.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get on the train

Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/...eos/971260562995879/

All your sciences are mine

http://www.scientificamerican.com/...-engulf-earth-maybe/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, the guy asking the question is a friend of mine. I didn't expect that.
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
What is your problem? He is right AND he respects science.

Almost verbatim the words that ran through my head just now.

And then literally LOL'd. The searchy 'round the room eye movement was the cherry on top.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Exactly my view. Global warming is real but fuck it.

I thought it changed from global cooling, to global warming and now climate change? Seriously, what is it today?

A question, especially for those who think we should fall on our economic sword to try and "change" whichever direction the temp is going,,,,,,,,,,, If it wasn't for Global Warming, wouldn't we still be in an ice age?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ices ages are a cycle and the next one will happen well before the sun scorthes the earth. Oil, gas, and coal are also part of a cycle, as are we.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
The ices ages are a cycle and the next one will happen well before the sun scorthes the earth. Oil, gas, and coal are also part of a cycle, as are we.

Dumb it down for this old perv,,,,,, is that a yes or no?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's apparent what you prefer is someone who just tells you what you want to hear. Gary Johnson is actually honest, but you seem to want him to lie like all the others. In fact because he doesn't lie you don't find him credible.

BTW to those who claim Johnson isn't trying. Johnson actually does campaign hard. If you actually followed what he was doing you'd know that. Instead you rely on the almost nonexistent coverage from mainstream media on which to base your opinion. The Johnson campaign relies on lots of small donors for its funding, instead of being bankrolled by major donors who typically get paid in political favors. Expecting Johnson to campaign in the same manner as the others is unrealistic.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me that Gary Johnson is just a performance artist... [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
knewbike wrote:

Dumb it down for this old perv,,,,,, is that a yes or no?

No idea. Not qualified to answer. The last ice age was of similar duration to the ones before it so likely not.
Quote Reply