Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was listening to a show where some liberal from California was saying that in his pub nobody is in for Hillary. That Johnson is attracting their attention. Not that it matters die to being California. But he said her health is coming up. Perception matters more than substance. Ever see the Kennedy Nixon debate?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I think you and Lorenzo have it about right.

Biggest question in my mind right now is if Clinton manages to recover before the debate. If she's still visibly suffering from pneumonia or whatever, I think that might actually hurt her chances.

I agree, she needs to seem strong on stage. I gave up closely following either campaign a long time ago, but I would expect her to be resting quite a bit leading up to Monday night.
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
We need to make a drinking game out of it.

You could make a lot of drinking games.

- One drink each time either candidate says "not fit for office".
- One drink each time Hillary brings up the word "tax returns".
- One drink each time Trump brings up "Clinton foundation"

Or you can just drink to deaden the pain that these are the top 2 candidates chosen by the public.

I've gotten a head start and began drinking today. I have a lot of pain Doc. I need something stronger.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to watch the train wreck

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump's ghostwriter-turned-regretter's advice:

http://www.nytimes.com/...him-in-a-debate.html?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was listening to a show where some liberal from California was saying that in his pub nobody is in for Hillary//

Well if his pub is in Orange County, or the few others that are heavy republican strong holds, then Johnson will be getting potential Trump votes. Don't think she has to worry about CA, not sure why I'm even seeing Trump ads on the TV now, just burning cash.
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. The guy said it was a very democratic part of the state. He said he was a dem.

Not emblematic of anything. But this isn't gojng away.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The guy said it was a very democratic part of the state. He said he was a dem.

What show were you listening to? Almost all shows carefully screen callers to push a certain message. Anonymous caller, unknown show, no verifiability of caller's claim, subsequently passed to an internet forum with a bunch of anonymous posters? This is beyond third-hand, how much hearsay can a person stand? I'm not saying it's not true. I could probably find a few areas in Berkeley/SF which are Stein strongholds, but CA is a landslide for Hillary.
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live here and don't know one single democrat voting for Trump. In fact don't know any voting for Johnson either, although that is more probable. I do know a lot of republicans voting for Trump and Johnson, but it is the independants here that drive the bus, we are the biggest voting bloc in the state. They seem to be overwhelming voting for Hillary, at least the few dozen that I know personally. She is burning cash here too, maybe a result of Trump's ad buy, but both are wasting their money..
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was Steele and Unger on potus. Unger is a hopeless liberal, but rational unlike you.

Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I',m cooling 2x28 pks of Sam adams Octoberfest for that game

CruseVegas wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Or you can just drink to deaden the pain that these are the top 2 candidates chosen by the public.

With what you have listed, what does the LR predict the over under at?

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Like Forge said, the more either of them makes the debate about the other the better. Both of them are such bad candidates the only way they look good is by pointing out how bad the other is.
This is so incredibly true, and the numbers bear it out. 538.com had a good analysis of this phenomenon a few weeks ago, pointing out that aside from Hillary's convention bump the entire ebb and flow of the polls has followed negative news cycles--when one candidate screws up or nearly dies their numbers fall (and of course the other candidate picks up the slack), there hasn't been an instance of a candidate doing or saying anything of note that gave them a positive bump. It's such a fascinating race to watch, at least if it didn't result in one of the two becoming the next President.

My guess is she does try to bait Trump into blowing up, but he's rolled with the punches in a few other instances and I think--I think--he'll actually lock like the saner of the two, with her coming off a little unhinged and petulant. We'll see, but I think one thing is for sure: this debate will break all the records. Everyone will be tuning in to watch this circus show in action.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I was listening to a show where some liberal from California was saying that in his pub nobody is in for Hillary. That Johnson is attracting their attention. Not that it matters die to being California. But he said her health is coming up. Perception matters more than substance. Ever see the Kennedy Nixon debate?

There was a Vox or Salon article recently about Hillary's problems in attracting and mobilizing the left and especially millenials and young minorities. With Obama they were all-in and they were his loudest cheerleaders and the most active for his campaign. With Hillary they're not only unmotivated to campaign for her, they're actually supporting Stein/Johnson in fairly big numbers--something like 40% of millennial democrats are going 3rd party.

As you said, in CA it doesn't make a lick of difference. In some of these swing states those demographics don't make up nearly as sizable a percentage of the voting public but it's still there, and if they're either not voting at the rates they voted for Obama or supporting other candidates that's bad bad news for Hillary. Then again the alternative is Trump so...
Last edited by: Brownie28: Sep 23, 16 16:43
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been calling the problems Hillary was going to have with minorities and millennials for more than a year. While they normal liberals oldandslow and sloppy said it was in the bag for her, I was saying if she can turn out the numbers Obama did which I believed to be an anomaly. Blacks voted for Obama because he was black. Not because of the routine promises democrats always make. Though a black man making those promises were a home run. College kids were inspired. People Were fainting. When I was a dem we never saw minority and young turnout like that.

If she can't make the young fall in love with her and blacks Miraculously come out she loses. With average or even low average in Florida and Ohio it's his. Hearing about people in California is of little consequence because maybe they know it doesn't matter. But if Californians aren't buying into her crap what makes you think blue collar Ohioans or service class floridians.

I'm also going to add on that same Steele and Unger, they had an Ohio democrat state senator and she said she is seeing more traditional dems on the trump train with no net gains ge dems on who should be alienated.

Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

http://www.debatedrinking.com
Quote Reply
Re: DEBATE ON MONDAY [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My liver is crying already.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply

Prev Next