Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: iOS 10 [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upgrade the handset, but in the meantime the iOS stays at 6.7 :-p

Maybe my phone won't be as secure, but if my only concern is that the Russians will release my TUE data I can live with that. /pink
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Just updated my iPhone 6, backed it up and did it via iTunes on the puter.

It's ok as far as I can tell.

Do not run any update via Wi-Fi. Run it from ITunes

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

Updated 3 phones and two iPads via wifi today without issue.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i updated my ipad air 2 on release day to test the waters. the improvements are quite nice and it's made the device a lot snappier. soon after updated my SE and loving it there too. given the smaller screen size of the SE, messages is a little more cluttered, but it's not drastic. overall, very nice update and i had no issues doing it over wifi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

Haven't updated an iPhone through iTunes since they came out with the wifi updates, never had a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but those that had issues were updated via Wi-Fi

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I updated two 5s phones over wifi without any issues.
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else noticed that the new colors on the app screen are now similar to what ST used to be?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any really cool hidden features?
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [awfpack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best hidden feature -- your iphone becomes waterproof with the upgrade!
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [jewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tested it to see if that feature works? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have their battery life get crushed with the update?

I changed a bunch of settings today, but my battery life was about halved in the prior two days.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, mine was draining faster than I could charge it.

My spawn is an IT guy and said that it's not unusual but that it should get better, which it has. I also went in and closed the 7,895 apps I had open. Traveled home yesterday and it seemed to be better.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One theory is that use it more when you update to check out all the new features. Then after a couple of days your usage goes back to normal and so does battery life.

No issues for me.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine hasn't seemed to drain any faster than normal. I did notice a security issue with a widget on the lock screen, though. One of my online bank account widgets does a quick display of account balances, but requires no log-in on the lock-screen, just a quick tap and it opens the balances. I removed the widget and reported it, but haven't heard about a patch yet.

jmh wrote:
Anyone else have their battery life get crushed with the update?

I changed a bunch of settings today, but my battery life was about halved in the prior two days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

Before transferring over to my iPhone 7, I updated my iPhone 6 (not S) to iOS 10. I did it right from the phone itself and it took a bit, but not too long. When I updated my 7 via iTunes, it took at least twice as long.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No battery issues for me on the 7. Only thing I hate now is the way email threads are viewed in email. Hate it. Used to touch the email and a new screen would pull up with all the emails in that thread. Easy to follow. Now it uses a drop down menu and sucks. Hate it!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I have responded to the wrong email in a thread twice since the redesign.

A bunch of guys and I get two guys saying "who are you replying to?" Never happened to me before.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
One theory is that use it more when you update to check out all the new features. Then after a couple of days your usage goes back to normal and so does battery life.

No issues for me.

Normal use on Monday and Tuesday of this week and really wasn't playing with any of the new features after the first day (Sunday). I did do a few things Tuesday evening. Once I disabled the background app refresh and turned on reduce motion, battery life is back to normal for the last two days.

http://osxdaily.com/...0-battery-life-tips/

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Updated tonight, and within an hour i got a notification that someone had logged into my iMessage app. I recieved about 20 messages (spam) before I could change my password and settings
Quote Reply
Re: iOS 10 [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in your 5S camp, and for a good reason.

Wife has always the newest upgrades.....comparing side by side, her phone get's slower and slower with every new software release when goin ghead to head for basic apps.
Also had been the case for older generation iphones as well.

Think logically, how would they sell new devices if your old devices suddenly got faster?
Who buys that nonsense...literally?

I prefer speed to all the gadgetry... as I do in sports.... whoa!

Durhamskier wrote:
I'm not big on updating my phones. I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.7.1 at the moment. It works fine. I've never seen many compelling reasons to upgrade. Prettier GUI? Better emojis? Pass. It comes at the expense of speed. I'll stick with not being able to run some apps, it's not a big deal for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
And my update has failed. I need to connect to iTunes and might have to wipe my phone and start from scratch.

And that, my friends, is why you should always back up your phone before you do this.

I did.

Never thought of this til now but I had trouble when upgrading to 9. Turned out the problem was a bad cord.
Quote Reply

Prev Next