Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BBC gives Cuban health care high marks [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Of course.

Cuba is a dictatorship with the dictator's status directly tied to its medical system. The party makes damn sure the infant mortality numbers are good. The UN has just been a willing patsy on this issue. The same can be said about Cuba's vaunted medical internationalism. The Cuban gov't sends the doctors and leaves their families in Cuba -- just to keep them safe. Do you know why they do that? Leverage. The doctors are leased out by the gov't to other countries -- kind of a 'rent a slave' concept.

When it comes to Cuba, the progressive press is just not interested in exploring the systemic nature of these issues.

But but... Ceveloguy just wrote: "They are one of the world's most respected news sources. "

I am so confused I don't know who to believe The BBC and the Castro regime stats. or some Dr. who defected and some right wing dish rag and many other sources that says the stats are bogus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"When it comes to Cuba, the progressive press is just not interested in exploring the systemic nature of these issues. "

Yeah sure, its all just a left wing conspiracy and the progressive press is nothing but lies, lies and more lies. So how do you explain the life expectancy in a poor country like Cuba being equal (actually just slightly higher) than that of the USA if not for their preventative approach to medical care.
Quote Reply
Re: BBC gives Cuban health care high marks [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Unfortunately they only let you use it if you are over 65 years old. "

My best friend is moving back to Canada after twenty years in the USA because he is retiring. He is turning 65 and would be eligible for medicare if he stayed since he is also a duel American/Canadian citizen but his wife is only 58 and will have no health care coverage at all because she was under his plan at work, but now that he is retired, she has no coverage unless she coughs up something like a grand a month for private insurance and that doesn't cover any previous existing health conditions and also has a large front loaded deductible.
Quote Reply
Re: BBC gives Cuban health care high marks [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"When it comes to Cuba, the progressive press is just not interested in exploring the systemic nature of these issues. "

Yeah sure, its all just a left wing conspiracy and the progressive press is nothing but lies, lies and more lies. So how do you explain the life expectancy in a poor country like Cuba being equal (actually just slightly higher) than that of the USA if not for their preventative approach to medical care.

And... Explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ZH1ps20WA

When I think of all the fat ass, out of shape Americans- I am quite surprised we are doing as well as we are.
Last edited by: getcereal: Aug 24, 16 11:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Yeah sure, its all just a left wing conspiracy and the progressive press is nothing but lies, lies and more lies.

I think you're missing my point. It's not lies, lies, and more lies. It's simply not caring to investigate claims made by leftist dictatorships.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"Unfortunately they only let you use it if you are over 65 years old. "

My best friend is moving back to Canada after twenty years in the USA because he is retiring. He is turning 65 and would be eligible for medicare if he stayed since he is also a duel American/Canadian citizen but his wife is only 58 and will have no health care coverage at all because she was under his plan at work, but now that he is retired, she has no coverage unless she coughs up something like a grand a month for private insurance and that doesn't cover any previous existing health conditions and also has a large front loaded deductible.

So your best friend, after not working or contributing taxes in Canada for the last twenty years, is now coming back to get his freebies because the rug is being pulled out from under him the US?

Make sure to give your friend a giant kick in the ass.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: BBC gives Cuban health care high marks [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian by convenience.
Last edited by: racin_rusty: Aug 24, 16 20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"Is this photo from the 1940s? "

I'll guess its probably from modern day Cuba, but the point of the posted article is that Cuba has done a lot with its healthcare considering how poor the country is and facing an American embargo all these years. Emphasizing prevention and not being a part of the big pharma medical industrial complex has a lot to do with this.
The article is recycled news. BBC must have run out of something to post recently.

Quote | Reply
"Make sure to give your friend a giant kick in the ass. "

I don't set immigration/citizen policy, but I agree.
Quote Reply
Re: BBC gives Cuban health care high marks [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
He is turning 65 and would be eligible for medicare if he stayed since he is also a duel American/Canadian citizen but his wife is only 58 and will have no health care coverage at all because she was under his plan at work, but now that he is retired, she has no coverage unless she coughs up something like a grand a month for private insurance and that doesn't cover any previous existing health conditions and also has a large front loaded deductible.

Obamacare eliminated the pre-existing health condition limitation in health insurance. So all health insurance will cover previous existing health conditions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
private insurance and that doesn't cover any previous existing health conditions

I have never fully understood the hysteria over pre-existing conditions. From what I know, most insurance plans have an exclusion period for pre-existing conditions 6-18 months usually, but that is waived if you had creditable coverage beforehand, without a break of more than 63 days. So, if you had a job, and insurance, you can change jobs, get new insurance and be fully covered because your previous insurance would be creditable coverage.

Am I missing something?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Obamacare eliminated the pre-existing health condition limitation in health insurance. So all health insurance will cover previous existing health conditions."

Didn't know that. Was basing what I said on what my buddy in the USA had told me.
Quote Reply
Re: BBC gives Cuban health care high marks [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
I have never fully understood the hysteria over pre-existing conditions. From what I know, most insurance plans have an exclusion period for pre-existing conditions 6-18 months usually, but that is waived if you had creditable coverage beforehand, without a break of more than 63 days. So, if you had a job, and insurance, you can change jobs, get new insurance and be fully covered because your previous insurance would be creditable coverage.

Am I missing something?

In theory, you're correct. But in practice, not so much. Just as an example, my wife and I were both refused coverage in 2010 due to "pre-existing conditions", despite both of us having been under continuous, uninterrupted health insurance since childhood. And once the first company makes that determination, all the others that you contact do the same, since they all share a centralized database. Good luck fighting that system - you'll need it! Fortunately we were able to extend COBRA coverage (at great expense).
Quote Reply
Re: BBC gives Cuban health care high marks [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
my wife and I were both refused coverage in 2010 due to "pre-existing conditions", despite both of us having been under continuous, uninterrupted health insurance since childhood

How did that happen? What was their reasoning. From what I can tell, it's the law that the waiting period is covered by creditable coverage.

Quote Reply

Prev Next