Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ok Brexit traders, 3 minutes to open...
Quote | Reply
SO what are your strategies? S&P looks to open down 75, off the premarket last night of around 110 or so. Mom and pop retail investor gonna panic and drive this thing down to a 1000pt drop on the dow?

Most my stocks down 3+%, ford being the worst at almost 5%. My short positions cover all of my losses and then some, just have to figure out when to sell them and what to buy right after.
Quote Reply
Re: Ok Brexit traders, 3 minutes to open... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
SO what are your strategies? S&P looks to open down 75, off the premarket last night of around 110 or so. Mom and pop retail investor gonna panic and drive this thing down to a 1000pt drop on the dow?

Most my stocks down 3+%, ford being the worst at almost 5%. My short positions cover all of my losses and then some, just have to figure out when to sell them and what to buy right after.
Ignore the noise... That said, I did buy some commission free ETFs for my HSA - Vanguard FTSE Europe. It's a 10% discount today.
Quote Reply
Re: Ok Brexit traders, 3 minutes to open... [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weve just said paid in dollars buying in to ftse is a win win. 8 percent discoint on curremcy. 5 percent on ftse
Quote Reply
Re: Ok Brexit traders, 3 minutes to open... [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sold all my short positions when S&P just under 50 down. Now buying up some more Ford, Deckers, and Yhoo on their pullbacks. Looks very orderly and all the worlds money is trying to find a place to go, and it looks like here is the best bet.

Really glad I'm refinancing and getting a new mortgage right now. Haven't locked in on the new one, and if the refi goes down .25, I get one reset. That should get me to under 3%. Probably make more money saved there than anywhere else!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ok Brexit traders, 3 minutes to open... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got lucky and bought a bunch of volatility at yesterdays close and it opened up 20% this morning and more than covered my stock losses. My portfolio is actually higher today. Sold volatility this morning and even at shitty execution made some decent money. Sitting in higher than normal cash and will look to buy some European equities with my strong dollars.
Quote Reply