Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The method to the madness...
Quote | Reply
is spelled out in his books. CNN suggest these are bad qualities, but they are true. Nobody wins playing nice against bad guys.

Whenever I'm making a creative choice, I try to step back and remember my first shallow reaction. The day I realized it can be smart to be shallow was, for me a deep experience."

Trump, Think Like a Billiionaire

"I often say that I'm a member of the luck sperm club. But did it give me a natural talent? I don't think so. It gave me an advantage that I deliberately chose to develop into an advantage."

Think Like a Champion

"Some of the people who forgot to lift a finger when I needed them, when I was down, they need my help now, and I'm screwing them against the wall. I'm doing a number... and having so much fun.

Art of the Comeback.

"When people wrong you, go after those people, because it is a good feeling and because other people will see you doing it."

Donald Trump

"If I had been the son of a coal miner I would have left the damn mines. But most people don't have the imagination - or whatever - to leave their mine.

Playboy

"Go for the jugular so that people watching will not want to mess with you."

think big

This is the essence of Machiavelli politics and the anti-thesis of the subversive but equally brutal nature of the back handed politics Hillary and Washingtonians play.

What is your favorite?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: The method to the madness... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In 2500 years from now, will people be quoting Trump like we do Sun Tsu?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: The method to the madness... [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a sneaking suspicion things are going to continue downward. The next election may be right for a bomb thrower like Alan Grayson on the dems side if he wins florida. I just don't see a one trick pony and combative lightweight like Warren being able to command a lead in a democratic primary. She has a better chance of being a king maker or VP. I also do not see a path for a Paul Ryan until a combative populist like trump has had his chance in the white house and proven a disaster.

Either way, the political rules of combat have forever changed for the better or worse, depending on your perspective. I would like to see things get better, but unfortunately, I see the tactics of trump as being an effective tool against a conniving, media protected insider like Hillary.

I think what caught me off guard the most was seeing republicans attack trump harder than Obama. That there shows why we are where we are. If Romney had put half the heart into going after Obama that he did going after Trump, he would be fighting for a second term now.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

What, based on such gems as, "It gave me an advantage that I deliberately chose to develop into an advantage." ?
Quote Reply
Re: The method to the madness... [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Again, Romney was born into a political family with millions in trust fund cash. He is a multimillionaire. Trump inherited a million, he is a billionaire who lost his billions and re-earned it. I would say he took much more advantage of a lesser advantaged birth than Romney.

Quote Reply
Re: The method to the madness... [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this one is the real gem.

"Whenever I'm making a creative choice, I try to step back and remember my first shallow reaction. The day I realized it can be smart to be shallow was, for me a deep experience."

It basically says everybody understands and relates to a shallow concept. Only elitist pricks seem to scoff at such notions. There are a lot of elitist who lost this last go around.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

No.

Nobody will survive a Trump presidency.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it takes a special breed of individual to develop an advantage into an advantage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I have a sneaking suspicion things are going to continue downward. The next election may be right for a bomb thrower like Alan Grayson on the dems side if he wins florida. I just don't see a one trick pony and combative lightweight like Warren being able to command a lead in a democratic primary. She has a better chance of being a king maker or VP. I also do not see a path for a Paul Ryan until a combative populist like trump has had his chance in the white house and proven a disaster.

Either way, the political rules of combat have forever changed for the better or worse, depending on your perspective. I would like to see things get better, but unfortunately, I see the tactics of trump as being an effective tool against a conniving, media protected insider like Hillary.

I think what caught me off guard the most was seeing republicans attack trump harder than Obama. That there shows why we are where we are. If Romney had put half the heart into going after Obama that he did going after Trump, he would be fighting for a second term now.

Spitballing here... I think a lot of it is the basic fact that Obama has been in office for almost 8 years now (or almost 4 if you're going back to the Romney campaign), so he actually has a track record for people to decide whether they mostly like or dislike already. Even Hillary too has held public office(s) for awhile (some would say too long) and even more if you add Bill's time by extension so again there's a relatively concrete record to either chip away at or try to burnish. Drumpf, by contrast, has held zero public office and his basic debate style is based on personal insult (even when he's not actually debating anything, it's still all about him and insulting any detractors) ~ so there's not much else to work with besides attacking him back personally. There's no voting record to attack because he doesn't have one, and scarcely any policy position(s) to pick apart because he hasn't formulated anything substantive yet (nor does he appear likely to at any point, which is surely part of his strategy to the extent he has one).

This being ST, it reminds me a little of the great Lance debate and how he was a similarly polarizing figure... Obviously the details of doping, race/team management & tactics, UCI/USADA politics, the Livestrong front, etc ~ all that entered into the discussion, but really (regardless of which side you took) much of it fundamentally boiled down to Lance's own persona, because Lance always made it about himself. And, of course he showed much of the same persecution complex about it (which was mirrored in his supporters). Well, duh. You can't go around punking everyone else and go out of your way to make yourself a target, and then turn around and act all butthurt when the gallery takes shots at you.
Quote Reply