Prev Next
Re: USA - Copa America [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
travelmama wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
ok, thanks.

Were you able to watch the second half of the game? I came home to a silly novela with a lot of false tears being shed.

I was going to watch it but when I logged in the afternoon I already saw an ARG - CHI final schedule. Couple of more digging and apparently they played the second half 2 hrs later last night! Might have been a lot of discussin at half time with no clear decision.
Looking fwd for the final, should be good match. USA COL on Sat. night for 3rd place. I never really understood the purpose of a 3rd place game, but for the young players on the US team it's more experience against a good team I guess..

If you are watching now, there was nothing short of humor from the commentator when Cooooooolooooooooooooommmmmmmbbbbiiiiiia just scored a goooooooooooooool.

yes it's funny. An intense game.
Quote Reply
Re: USA - Copa America [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
travelmama wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
travelmama wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
ok, thanks.

Were you able to watch the second half of the game? I came home to a silly novela with a lot of false tears being shed.

I was going to watch it but when I logged in the afternoon I already saw an ARG - CHI final schedule. Couple of more digging and apparently they played the second half 2 hrs later last night! Might have been a lot of discussin at half time with no clear decision.
Looking fwd for the final, should be good match. USA COL on Sat. night for 3rd place. I never really understood the purpose of a 3rd place game, but for the young players on the US team it's more experience against a good team I guess..

If you are watching now, there was nothing short of humor from the commentator when Cooooooolooooooooooooommmmmmmbbbbiiiiiia just scored a goooooooooooooool.

yes it's funny. An intense game.
Argentina vs. Chile should not be about scoring goals, but more about red cards. This referee is not playing around. By the end of the game, there may be only two players on the field.

Quote | Reply
They did tone it down a bit (copa standards). Not envy of the referee officiating this game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
They did tone it down a bit (copa standards). Not envy of the referee officiating this game.
Chile con calcio. The game was insanely long.

Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

Chile con calcio. The game was insanely long.

good game. Hard to lose a final game on penalties especially since ARG played well throuout the tournament. Chile has now won back to back both against ARG.

When is the next Copa, 2017 or 2019?
Last edited by: b4itwascold: Jun 27, 16 3:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next Copa 2019.

What a way to wake up Messi Retiring from Argentina. I am wondering after a few days of reflection if he changes his mind.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: USA - Copa America [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Next Copa 2019.

What a way to wake up Messi Retiring from Argentina. I am wondering after a few days of reflection if he changes his mind.

Can't tell if this is heat of the moment emotional utterance, or if he's really that much of a diva.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Next Copa 2019.

2019 in Brazil then. I read that they were supposed to host it in 2015 but it was too much (2014 world cup and the Olympics this year), so they switched with Chile that was supposed to host in 2019. I did see somewhere something like 2017 Ecuador which was confusing.
All doom and gloom at the ARG squad. Sure he is a diva, but the pressure on him is enormous, and the constant comparison to Maradona. Ironically, I did sense that ARG finally formed a team that is centered more around him, but I guess nothing will be the same as it is in Barcelona. I was also wondering if he made up his mind to retire and hoped to do it winning or he just ran out of steam emotionally. Rumors are that if he retires other players will too.

edit: nobody to blame for his penalty kick but himself and Chile keeper Bravo was at his best. Tough luck.
http://www.foxnews.com/...hurt-his-legacy.html
Last edited by: b4itwascold: Jun 27, 16 5:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Next Copa 2019.

there is some strong pressure on him not to retire including from ARG el presidente..

http://www.kagstv.com/...messi-back/258296098
Quote Reply

Prev Next