Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So what's the new rule on spoilers?
Quote | Reply
It seemed like there was an understanding that you just didn't post spoilers about TV shows. With movies, like Star Wars Episode VII, there was a grace period of about a month before spoilers came out.

This year with Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, all of the memes flew out and were posted publicly almost immediately. WTF?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a bizzar concept to me.

First, what is the point of posting threads and topics if it is not to talk about what happened in the show? What would you discuss otherwise?

Second, who the hell clicks into a thread about a movie or TV show and not expect spoilers to be discussed? Again, back to the first point, what do people actually think is being talked about if not that?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean in here? I don't think there's any grace period for most TV shows. We discuss every episode of Walking Dead the day after it airs, don't we?

I think people are more tight lipped about Neflix series, though.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you so long as the thread title doesn't disclose anything meaningful. If you are a season behind on GOT, then don't click on threads titled "Game of Thrones..."
Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I mean on Facebook. There have been spoilers all over the F'ing place this past year!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same rules. No grace period for tv shows. That's the fun part of talking about a show on Facebook. Nobody wants to talk about what happened on a tv show last month, for crying out loud.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't used to be that way.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stay off facebook. Nothing good happens there anyway.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are a season behind on GOT, then don't click on threads titled "Game of Thrones..."

Agree - the season 6 thread even begins with the line that there will be spoilers included

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Stay off facebook. Nothing good happens there anyway.

Where else would Barry make friends?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
No, I mean on Facebook. There have been spoilers all over the F'ing place this past year!

Facebook sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was there a grace period for Star Wars? Don't remember one and don't really see that it would have been necessary. As long as the thread title is clear about the subject matter (not something enigmatic like "Whoa, wasn't expecting that!"), as far as I can see the onus is on people not to open threads about things they haven't seen. I'm not even sure that a "Spoilers!" warning is particularly necessary - if I open a Game of Thrones season 6 thread after the season has already started then I expect there to be discussion about the new episodes in there.
Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
BarryP wrote:

Facebook sucks.

^^^^ this ^^^^

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some people are just stupid, selfish pricks maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rule number 1:

If you do not want to read spoilers do not click on threads or links that are discussing the show you are waiting on.

Rule 2:

Don't be a douche and complain about spoilers after you click on a thread or link discussing the show you are waiting on.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not the links that are the issue. It's when you go to your favorite news website and the link says "Tony Soprano dies in last episode".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bigger is better.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
It seemed like there was an understanding that you just didn't post spoilers about TV shows. With movies, like Star Wars Episode VII, there was a grace period of about a month before spoilers came out.

This year with Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, all of the memes flew out and were posted publicly almost immediately. WTF?

It's annoying on the west coast. There were hodor memes on Twitter before the episode even aired last Sunday. That's my only gripe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Didn't used to be that way.

[url=https://imgflip.com/i/14vi5r][/url

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same type of people that wear hats at the dinner table.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

It's annoying on the west coast.

That's been my experience as well.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: So what's the new rule on spoilers? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Perseus wrote:
BarryP wrote:

Facebook sucks.

^^^^ this ^^^^

x 1,000,000
Quote Reply