Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I found where the other half live.
Quote | Reply
The missus and I went down to Monterey for the weekend to celebrate the first anniversary of our nuptuals....stayed at the very nice Monterey Plaza Hotel...more of that later.

On Saturday morning our Kayak trip got cancelled because of big swells so we drove down 17 mile drive to Carmel by the Sea to check out the art festival.

I wanna know where these people get all their cash from???? On one short block I added up over a million dollars of parked cars....OK the Mercedes Mclaren SLR took up almost half of that, but this place looks like St Tropez on payday.

I managed to escape the place only down $5 for a candy apple and didn't buy the $4,000 painting my wife fell in love with....still in the dog house for that one.

Next day we decide to ride our bikes down there and I go to the bell hop to get them out of the hotel's storage room.....ARRRGGGGGG he opens the door and I see them leaning against a concrete wall with 2 sets of freakin golf clubs laying on top of them. When I left them there on Friday they went into a protected rack with a sign DO NOT TOUCH. My top tube has a scratch that wasn't there before.

17 mile drive and Pebble Beach is a fantasy world, amazing place...not a blade of grass out of place.

We gotall the way down to Nepenthe in Big Sur where we stopped for lunch overlooking the ocean and as if on que, a HUGE FRICKIN CALIFORNIA CONDOR came swooping up the cliff and right over our heads. The waiter said they see ony 2-3 a year.

Long ride back into a headwind.

I want to live there when I grow up...and get a job.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: Oct 31, 05 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: I found where the other half live. [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was Oakland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to spend a lot of weekends down there, when I lived in San Fran. I've always wondered what it would take to have that sort of lifestyle...I can't even imagine.

Beautiful place, however. I love the Central Coast... from there, all the way to SLO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds wonderful. Glad you two could get away and blow some stress off. Does it make you rethink my backpaking idea?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the Monterey Plaza the hotel on the water down by Cannery Row, about 5 blocks away from the Aquarium? If so, I stayed there for 2 weeks when I was at the Naval Postgraduate School. I got there before check in time, and asked the valet to put my bags in storage so I could walk down around the pier area. When I got my bags back, someone had tried to jimmy the lock on my briefcase. I have stayed in a lot less nice hotels and never had any problem with bags in storage before or after.

You are right about 17 Mile Drive though, and also Carmel--Man, the money!
Quote Reply