Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sold
Quote | Reply
Shipping included in prices below if paid with PayPal Gift or add 3% for PP Fees. Will only ship in CONUS.

About 6 months after I bought the frame, I didn't have the seatpost quill tightened fully and the seatpost slid down while I was riding it and the caused a small crack at the top of the seat tube in the carbon. That was about 4 years ago and I've ridden the bike between 4-6 days a week since and the crack has never budged another MM. I put a small mark at the base of the crack with a file so I'd be able to keep track of it, and it's literally not moved a millimeter in the last 4 years of constant riding. After it happened, I took it to a carbon repair shop and the guy quoted me about $250 to fix it. After speaking with my fitter, he said he wouldn't bother getting it fixed because the way the seat post is designed, the quill that secures the post is deeper in the frame and doesn't put much pressure on the top of the exit. You can see in the photo right below the red square where I put a small line with a file. I did this to keep track of the crack and to know if the crack ever progressed. In those 4 years, it hasn't moved. But if you want to have it repaired, that's an option.

Anyways, on to the specs:
53cm 2011 BMC Team Machine SLR01 frame + seatpost + fork + BB30 Bearings installed (includes headset with new bearings that were replaced about a month ago when I re-cabled the whole bike)

This would be a sweet frame to build into a crit bike where you aren't out $4k if you go down hard.

$600 shipped

Bike when fully built:

PM me with questions you might have. I can also give you my cell# if you'd like to talk over the phone
Last edited by: HighTechAthlete: Jan 26, 17 21:41
Quote Reply
Re: FS: BMC Team Machine SLR01 Red22/Force22 Mix [HighTechAthlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PMs replied. As some have asked, I would consider selling just frame + fork so feel free to make an offer on that.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: BMC Team Machine SLR01 Red22/Force22 Mix [HighTechAthlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parted out. Groupset available in my other thread. Frameset available here.
Last edited by: HighTechAthlete: Jun 16, 16 21:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the frame size?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: BMC Team Machine SLR01 Red22/Force22 Mix [soobrex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about that! 53cm.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: BMC Team Machine SLR01 Frame [HighTechAthlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still available. Make an offer.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: BMC Team Machine SLR01 Frame - Price Drop [HighTechAthlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$500 shipped
Quote Reply
Re: FS: BMC Team Machine SLR01 Frame - Price Drop [HighTechAthlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sold
Last edited by: HighTechAthlete: Jan 26, 17 21:41
Quote Reply