Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

VEEP (HBO)
Quote | Reply
So I discovered the show on a flight last year and caught up over the winter.

Season 6 seems to be if not the best one of the best. I'm really enjoying it and it's actually making me laugh out loud.
Quote Reply
Re: VEEP (HBO) [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Season 6 seems to be if not the best one of the best. I'm really enjoying it and it's actually making me laugh out loud.

It is really a fantastic show. This year has been amazingly funny. Love watching it. The sad part for me is that they only do 8 episodes and then its over and I have to wait another 10 months before it comes back.

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. Beep is laugh out loud funny.

Recommend Silicon Valley. Also laugh out loud funny.

Findlay is the new must watch tv night, game of thrones, Silicon Valley and veep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Agreed, last season it started to wane but this season is fantastic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The show's creator, Armando Iannucci, is the man. He did a show in the UK, very similar to VEEP (but better IMO) called The Thick of It. Inside UK politics, almost an update of Yes, Minister. Then he did a movie that was about 50/50 UK/US called In the Loop. Both shows are fantastic and have some of the same actors and directors as VEEP (Chris Addison was an actor in both Thick and Loop, and he has directed all of VEEP this year I think). If you like VEEP, do yourself a favor and check out his other stuff.

Malcolm Tucker for president
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's always been funny but this year seems to have some Arrested Development-type humor in the writing. Plus, anytime you can dig-up Martin Mull and use him, it's got to be good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VEEP is a really funny show. Smart writing.

I loved Silicon Valley the first two seasons, but this third season seems to not be as good, but is still on my regular watch list every week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching last season to prepare for the next and a few beverages makes it even funnier
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rewatching this show.

Lifting my spirits
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just started watching it, its pretty good. My wife finds it hard to follow at times due to the dialogue being non-stop and fast. It reminds me of The League in that way. You really have to be paying attention or you miss half of the best lines.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never watched it, but have always heard that it’s really good. Since I seem to have some time on my hands now is as good a time as any to start.
Quote Reply
Re: VEEP (HBO) [Simple Stevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple Stevie wrote:
The show's creator, Armando Iannucci, is the man. He did a show in the UK, very similar to VEEP (but better IMO) called The Thick of It. Inside UK politics, almost an update of Yes, Minister. Then he did a movie that was about 50/50 UK/US called In the Loop. Both shows are fantastic and have some of the same actors and directors as VEEP (Chris Addison was an actor in both Thick and Loop, and he has directed all of VEEP this year I think). If you like VEEP, do yourself a favor and check out his other stuff.

Malcolm Tucker for president

I could watch Thick of It (and Alan Partridge and Peep Show) over and over into infinity. Have never heard of The Loop, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: VEEP (HBO) [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
Just started watching it, its pretty good. My wife finds it hard to follow at times due to the dialogue being non-stop and fast. It reminds me of The League in that way. You really have to be paying attention or you miss half of the best lines.

The asides are the best. I wish I could use some of those lines in real life without being made into an anti-PC pariah.
Quote Reply
Re: VEEP (HBO) [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Never watched it, but have always heard that it’s really good. Since I seem to have some time on my hands now is as good a time as any to start.

You have to pay attention and appreciate people being inappropriate dicks.
Quote Reply