Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Some people lack common sense.
Quote | Reply
The cleaning lady at my office cleans the men's room at 9:00-9:30. This is when the coffee kicks in with its laxative effect. As usual, the other bathroom is full of people who must have had their coffee.

Wtf. I know a couple of you who lurk here work in my office and knownwhat I'm talking about.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who doesn't have common sense? The cleaning lady who is just doing her job?

Or the idiots who 'need' to have coffee every morning and then have to wait in line with all the other idiots?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure there are other things she can clean during peak toilet time usage.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having only two toilets on each floor here I have found that "peak" crunching time is 1pm. Any time I need to drop the kids off right after lunch I have to go down two floors before I find a free toilet.

Tip for you... you're addicted to caffeine. Get over it, you really don't need it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you know, 1:00 is the other time she cleans. Yes, twice in one day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
The cleaning lady at my office cleans the men's room at 9:00-9:30. This is when the coffee kicks in with its laxative effect. As usual, the other bathroom is full of people who must have had their coffee.

Wtf. I know a couple of you who lurk here work in my office and knownwhat I'm talking about.

Maybe she's toying with you guys...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

Maybe she lurks on here too and hates you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Tip for you... you're addicted to caffeine. Get over it, you really don't need it.

You shut your filthy mouth.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [llewis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
llewis wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Maybe she's toying with you guys...

I'm convinced that is the case. She isn't very friendly. Maybe it is her inability to speak English that comesMacros that way.

Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [llewis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just use the womens.

That's the new thing these days.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first real job was working as a janitor in a hospital. I occasionally had people gripe about stuff like this. I initially tried to work around various people's requests (or remarks about what they thought was clearly the 'common sense' approach to a job they didn't do), but it was a no-win situation - somebody's always annoyed about something minor that isn't really my problem at the end the day. It took me about a week to decide that my job was to keep the place clean, not accommodate the schedules of other people's bowel movements.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I thought this was going to be another transgender post...

Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what sucks more than cleaning toilets. Pairing the walls around them. I had to do that several times at commercial and industrial clients. Like indisclosed her, even had to do it at a prison, which was remarkably not as bad. Because they always had prisoners cleaning the toilets all day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
You know what sucks more than cleaning toilets. Pairing the walls around them. I had to do that several times at commercial and industrial clients. Like indisclosed her, even had to do it at a prison, which was remarkably not as bad. Because they always had prisoners cleaning the toilets all day.

Cleaning the general use toilets in the hospital wasn't all that bad, as far as cleaning toilets goes; some occasional "wtf happened in here" moments, but overall not too bad. Some of the toilets of inpatients with serious bowel diseases were just gruesome - I couldn't be mad at them because they were really sick people, but jesus, mary and joseph it was a godawful mess sometimes. Cleaning the operating rooms after trauma surgeries like car crash victims or some of the organ transplant stuff was pretty gnarly too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A neighborhood kid from my youth does industrial environmental cleanup. He cleans tunnels, and streets after hazmat
Wrecks. But he also cleans crime scenes after the investigation is done. Pretty gruesome stuff by most people's standards. Like old people who die and aren't found for weeks who liquefy into the second story floor, teenage suicides with shot guns, suicides with trains or jumpers. All sorts of fun stuff.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yah, the hazmat stuff is brutal from what I understand. I've got a reasonably strong stomach after working in the hospital, then doing stretch as a research tech in a lab where we basically did open heart surgery on pigs, and lots of years of hunting.

My wife's at a different level though. She's a forensic anthropologist and so has worked some really difficult places/scenes - 14 months in Manhattan after 9/11 identifying remains, a couple airline crashes, spent a couple of weeks in New Orleans after Katrina pulling out and identifying bodies in the 9th Ward (pro tip she told me on our first date: if the body has been in water for a while you have to grab it around the torso, otherwise the extremities just pull off). She can take smells that make me gag.

In particular, when heavily decomposed bodies are found, if the forensic anthro people get called in, they'll often have to macerate the body - basically they simmer the remains in hot water to remove all the soft tissue so that they can do an analysis on the skeletal remains. I've been in her lab a few times when they're doing maceration and it is a remarkable smell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha. I'm a sick person. That was one of the best posts I've read in a while.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tens of thousands of people work jobs like that to earn a living for themselves or their families, yet people hardly recognize the work they do. But the whole nation stands up for an entitled millennial who will cry injustice and squat in Zuccotti Park because their liberal arts degree isn't getting them the job they think they deserve.
Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [fitzy-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fitzy- wrote:
Tens of thousands of people work jobs like that to earn a living for themselves or their families, yet people hardly recognize the work they do. But the whole nation stands up for an entitled millennial who will cry injustice and squat in Zuccotti Park because their liberal arts degree isn't getting them the job they think they deserve.

You should put a trigger warning on your posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one building I worked in I would have sworn she was following me around. Seemed like every single time I sat down, knock, knock, knock, "cleaning".

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At my prior job, about 20 years ago, I worked for an environmental services company doing a lot of work like tank clean outs, hazardous waste cleanups, cleaning out PCB oil in underground transformer vaults, and other "fun" jobs. I also had to occasionally work cleaning up after some industrial accidents, car accidents, and other similar things. I also spent some time in New York working to recover remains after the crash of TWA flight 800, but fortunately I was assigned to that work after the majority had been recovered and I never saw anything too gruesome.

I saw some pretty nasty stuff in that time, but my father was a cop for 30 years and a detective for most of that, investigating murders and other crimes. He didn't share too many specific details about his job with me, but every once in a while I'd see something on the news or in the newspaper about a particular crime and I knew it was a case he was working, so I got some insight into his world. I can only imagine some of the gruesome stuff he saw in his time on the job.

edited to add: this was supposed to be a reply to the post from Wimsey.
Last edited by: bm: May 2, 16 16:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Common sense is having your coffee and subsequent morning dump at home before you leave for work. I never understand the people that show up for work, do something for half an hour, then, like clockwork, leave to take a shit. Do it at home!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

Just use the women's room. If anybody gives you shit, just tell them you identify as a drunk woman on Spring Break that has to pee, RIGHT NOW.

Everyone will understand.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's is the small luxury. Besides I don't work the usual 9 to five so it isn't like I get paid on the pot.

Quote Reply
Re: Some people lack common sense. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rule #1 - always take a dump on company time.

BCtriguy1 wrote:
Common sense is having your coffee and subsequent morning dump at home before you leave for work. I never understand the people that show up for work, do something for half an hour, then, like clockwork, leave to take a shit. Do it at home!
Quote Reply