Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dish Wireless Joey/Hopper
Quote | Reply
So mom and dad love Dish, but hate Xfinity. They are moving to the Xfinity house and selling the Dish home. I had no idea this tech existed and mom asked me to look into it. Video on PCMag seemed to be great, but I'd really like to hear pros/cons from users rather than a techie review. They are ok with losing reception occasionally with storms they just watch DVR stuff and if they can't record it's not the end of their world they are fully on board with Dish.....just not sure if we can make the leap to the Hopper/Joey and have it run as well.

Thanks for any input
Quote Reply
Re: Dish Wireless Joey/Hopper [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just canceled my dish service. I had the hopper/joey setup and when it works it works well. The first gen DVR has hard drive issues. In my 3 years of service I have had to replace the DVR due to hard drive failures five times. Each time, they try to charge you a $7.00 shipping charge for the replacement. If you haggle they will waive the fee.

I finally got fed up and canceled the service and I am not replacing it. I was on the fence about cutting the cord and that failure put me there. It is summer, I do not watch tv, other then when I am on my trainer and my kids do nothing but watch Tv. It will be a long summer for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Dish Wireless Joey/Hopper [ronc185] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well poop that's disappointed to read. Sorry it didn't work out. They have only been using the HDDVR to this point.....sounds like they may want to stay that route and skip the hopper/joey. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Dish Wireless Joey/Hopper [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the joey/hopper 2+ years without a problem. There is a MTF to all technology but these days you will throw out the old before it fails just because you want something new. BTW we turn off our dish service from April to August and then turn it back on in time for football. It's an option many people didn't know they had.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Dish Wireless Joey/Hopper [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I have had the joey/hopper 2+ years without a problem. There is a MTF to all technology but these days you will throw out the old before it fails just because you want something new. BTW we turn off our dish service from April to August and then turn it back on in time for football. It's an option many people didn't know they had.

Yea mom and and dad do that suspension thing too when they are down south it's great. Glad to hear someone enjoys their setup I really want to see them get this setup if we can.

So let me get this straight on what it's capable off.

1. Dad is watching tennis downstairs and he wants to go out back on the patio in the winter when it's cold and grab some sun. He can stream to his laptop?

2. Mom is getting sleepy and she goes upstairs and wants to watch one of her recorded programs and fall asleep while dad is downstairs still watching a recorded cowboy movie.

3. TV in living room is the 'command center' with hopper and joey. TV's in office/bedroom have no wires or boxes to connect?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Dish Wireless Joey/Hopper [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case you missed this wanted to see if you could fill in a couple of blanks on the post above....thanks mom and dad were asking if I had figured out if they could get all this stuff done.
Quote Reply