Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Billabong wrote:
How did Arya find out about the Red Wedding?

The Hound was returning her to the Frey castle when they saw the scene outside, (and then I think the Hound clocked her so she wouldn't see more??)....

The Hound knocked her out to save her life. She was about to do something impulsive and she would've been discovered and there would've been another dead Stark.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
I read that there was a prophecy in the book in addition to the her children will die, that she would be killed by her younger brother. I do believe she is older by seconds ....

Credit to Yahoo TV.

When Cersei Lannister’s firstborn son, Joffrey, died of poison, she was beside herself with grief. When she discovered from her brother Jaime that her daughter, Myrcella, also died of poison, she sat in tearful silence.

But when her final child, Tommen, committed suicide after realizing that Margaery was killed by his mother in the explosion of the Great Sept, Cersei’s reaction was truly chilling. After seeing her child’s body, she coldly ordered Qyburn to burn it and to spread the ashes over the remains of the Sept.

It seems that Cersei has stopped trying to fight the fate that was foretold to her many years ago. Cersei’s bloody path to the Iron Throne has had the specter of Maggy the Frog looming over it.

Maggy was the fortune teller who, long before the events of “Game of Thrones,” told Cersei that she would live a life defined by power and tragedy.

She was told that she would wed the king, and indeed she did when she was brought into a marriage with Robert Baratheon. Maggy told her she would have children, “Six-and-ten for him, three for you.”

Sure enough, Cersei had three children out of her incestuous affair with Jaime, while Robert had over a dozen bastard children with random women he bedded over the years.

Then came the tragedies in the prophecy: “Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds.” We have now seen that part of the prophecy come true, as Cersei has gazed upon the dead bodies of her three children.

She fought to avoid this fate at first, but in the Season 6 finale, she seemed to treat Tommen’s death as an inevitability, a price that had to be paid for her to finally vanquish her enemies and take her spot on the Iron Throne.

While those deaths were a major part of Maggy’s prophecy, there’s still more to come. It was foretold that Cersei will be queen until “there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.”

It’s pretty easy to tell who that’s referring to. Daenerys Targaryen is coming with hundreds of ships, thousands of men, and three dragons to kick Cersei right off that throne she just claimed.

But the last part of the prophecy is the most intriguing. It is the part that tells of Cersei’s final demise: “When your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

The word “Valonqar” means “little brother” in Valyrian. At first glance, “little brother” could refer to Tyrion, who certainly fits the phrase. Tyrion is on a boat with Daenerys, ready to aid the Queen of Dragons in dethroning his sweet sister.

But what if the prophecy is foretelling that Jaime will be the one to kill her? Jaime and Cersei are twins, but Cersei came out of the womb first, making Jaime her “little brother” in the strictest sense. Jaime killed Aerys to stop him from using wildfire to kill the people of King’s Landing, and that is exactly what Cersei did when she blew up the Great Sept.

Her actions led to Tommen’s suicide, and with all of their children gone, Jaime may realize that Cersei is no longer the sister he loved. She has turned into the Mad Queen, and he may be forced to kill another occupant of the Iron Throne. It would be a fitting end to the tale of power-hungry treachery and karmic retribution that has defined the Lannisters.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Jun 28, 16 18:28
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
Shit, bitches be STRONG this season!

We got mother of dragons in the south being sailed over to KL by the Iron Born queen, we got Cersei taking over the Iron Throne, we got 10 year old Lady Mormont talkin smack up North, and with Sansa saving Mr. Know Nothing with the knights of the Vale, we got the snakes down in Dorne with Grandma Tyrell planning shit.

All this talk about Kings and kingslayers....blah blah blah. My money is on the ladies. :)

And yes, Cersei, she's gonna die ugly,.... only so Jamie can finally get it on with Brienne. Cause that's gotta happen.

The ladies... pah.

Daenrys - great at conquering, loses cities almost as fast as she wins them;
Cersei - out of the running for Mother of the Year award
QoT - blew it and lost her family. Going to be a quiet christmas day for her
Sansa - incites her bastard brother to fight for Winterfell and their brother, tells him he hasn't got enough troops, then fails to tell him there's an army 'round the corner. Now in debt to LF

The only ones with any credit are Lady Brienne and Lady Mormont.

If you think this is going to end well, you haven't been paying attention.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And of course Arya...who has gone from a fun loving child to making meat pies out of mutilated victims and feeding it to their father. I guess that is still cred though. FUBAR may it be.

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I know. I'm sick of the whole grrrl power thing doing the rounds lately, and the talk that the women are going to make a better job of it than the men did. Nothing suggests that's what's going to happen.

Daenrys was up for crucifying the masters and burning their cities for defying her, until Tyrion persuaded her that maybe it wasn't the best thing to do. Cersei took it one stage further and did burn the city and those who defied her.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These bitches don't care about mothering... well except for Danerys who mothers a trio of flying reptiles. Most of them use their children to further their own ambitions.

My point is most of the women are portrayed and strong and some what conniving characters. I think they've purposely keep Sansa as the "sweet" innocent one until this point, but we all know that is about to change.

This season most of the male characters have been reduced to powerless roles, except for the final episode... where JS is made king of the north. He started off dead, and made a poor decision to take on Mad Dog, and was bailed out by his sister. Jamie's been kicked out of KL and is flitting about the countryside looking for something to do, Tyrion was more or less Danerys prisoner, Varys was nowhere, Littlefinger was sidelined in the Vale, Tommen was nothing more than a puppet.

I think next season, will be a reversal. The mens storylines will be the focus. Jamie, Tyrion, Jon, Bran, Theon, Varys, The Hound will come back into play and shake things up before the WW showdown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Yeah, I know. I'm sick of the whole grrrl power thing doing the rounds lately, and the talk that the women are going to make a better job of it than the men did. Nothing suggests that's what's going to happen.

Daenrys was up for crucifying the masters and burning their cities for defying her, until Tyrion persuaded her that maybe it wasn't the best thing to do. Cersei took it one stage further and did burn the city and those who defied her.

Did somebody say..

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
I read that there was a prophecy in the book in addition to the her children will die, that she would be killed by her younger brother. I do believe she is older by seconds ....

Credit to Yahoo TV.

When Cersei Lannister’s firstborn son, Joffrey, died of poison, she was beside herself with grief. When she discovered from her brother Jaime that her daughter, Myrcella, also died of poison, she sat in tearful silence.

But when her final child, Tommen, committed suicide after realizing that Margaery was killed by his mother in the explosion of the Great Sept, Cersei’s reaction was truly chilling. After seeing her child’s body, she coldly ordered Qyburn to burn it and to spread the ashes over the remains of the Sept.

It seems that Cersei has stopped trying to fight the fate that was foretold to her many years ago. Cersei’s bloody path to the Iron Throne has had the specter of Maggy the Frog looming over it.

Maggy was the fortune teller who, long before the events of “Game of Thrones,” told Cersei that she would live a life defined by power and tragedy.

She was told that she would wed the king, and indeed she did when she was brought into a marriage with Robert Baratheon. Maggy told her she would have children, “Six-and-ten for him, three for you.”

Sure enough, Cersei had three children out of her incestuous affair with Jaime, while Robert had over a dozen bastard children with random women he bedded over the years.

Then came the tragedies in the prophecy: “Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds.” We have now seen that part of the prophecy come true, as Cersei has gazed upon the dead bodies of her three children.

She fought to avoid this fate at first, but in the Season 6 finale, she seemed to treat Tommen’s death as an inevitability, a price that had to be paid for her to finally vanquish her enemies and take her spot on the Iron Throne.

While those deaths were a major part of Maggy’s prophecy, there’s still more to come. It was foretold that Cersei will be queen until “there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.”

It’s pretty easy to tell who that’s referring to. Daenerys Targaryen is coming with hundreds of ships, thousands of men, and three dragons to kick Cersei right off that throne she just claimed.

But the last part of the prophecy is the most intriguing. It is the part that tells of Cersei’s final demise: “When your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

The word “Valonqar” means “little brother” in Valyrian. At first glance, “little brother” could refer to Tyrion, who certainly fits the phrase. Tyrion is on a boat with Daenerys, ready to aid the Queen of Dragons in dethroning his sweet sister.

But what if the prophecy is foretelling that Jaime will be the one to kill her? Jaime and Cersei are twins, but Cersei came out of the womb first, making Jaime her “little brother” in the strictest sense. Jaime killed Aerys to stop him from using wildfire to kill the people of King’s Landing, and that is exactly what Cersei did when she blew up the Great Sept.

Her actions led to Tommen’s suicide, and with all of their children gone, Jaime may realize that Cersei is no longer the sister he loved. She has turned into the Mad Queen, and he may be forced to kill another occupant of the Iron Throne. It would be a fitting end to the tale of power-hungry treachery and karmic retribution that has defined the Lannisters.

Or he realizes that neither of them have a future, the Lannister house is broke, losing power, losing allies and has no offspring to carry on the name, so he gives up, and kills her and himself as a final act of love and to prevent the possible imprisonment / torture / execution.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
Or he realizes that neither of them have a future, the Lannister house is broke, losing power, losing allies and has no offspring to carry on the name, so he gives up, and kills her and himself as a final act of love and to prevent the possible imprisonment / torture / execution.

On the other hand ... Oh, wait

Nevermind

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, once Cersei gets dead, by whomever, Arya, Tyrion, Jamie... Jamie is sooo gonna get on Brienne.

I however, do not think Tyrion is really a Lannister at all. His daddy is definitely Dragon-lineage. So if the prophecy is true, Jamie will kill Cersei.

How long do we have to wait for the next season?!?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
My point is most of the women are portrayed and strong and some what conniving characters. I think they've purposely keep Sansa as the "sweet" innocent one until this point, but we all know that is about to change.

This season most of the male characters have been reduced to powerless roles, except for the final episode... where JS is made king of the north. He started off dead, and made a poor decision to take on Mad Dog, and was bailed out by his sister. Jamie's been kicked out of KL and is flitting about the countryside looking for something to do, Tyrion was more or less Danerys prisoner, Varys was nowhere, Littlefinger was sidelined in the Vale, Tommen was nothing more than a puppet.

I think next season, will be a reversal. The mens storylines will be the focus. Jamie, Tyrion, Jon, Bran, Theon, Varys, The Hound will come back into play and shake things up before the WW showdown.

I going to disagree with you.

The women have mostly had power, but not of a physical kind - theirs is influence and politics, moving events along through others. Now most of their agents (the male leads) are dead, they're forced into the open and to act like men. Unfortunately, they look as if they're taking it to n-th degree - burning cities, massacring people, widespread destruction. If anything, the men seemed to have adopted a softer tone - the bloodless Riverun siege; Tyrion arguing for peaceful reconciliation, not to burn the cities and kill the masters; High Sparrow nudging towards a theocracy rather than armed revolution, as was hinted at during seasons 3-5; Bolton wanting to wait things out and consolidate his base rather than have a set battle. The male which did act against this tide was Ramsey, who was defeated.

Tommen is the only male character who was powerless, a little like a male version of s1-5 Sansa to some degree. He was weak, others were able to manipulate him and he never set a true course. Jaime is the second least powerful one, despite him now being head of the Lannisters, due to his feelings for Cersei and the influence she has over him.

Jon's gone through a massive story arc, as detailed earlier (death and resurrection, loss of hope etc); Tyrion's powerlessness was during s5 when he was captured and was a slave for a while. In s6 he was in control of Mareen in Daenrys' absence - who he choses to serve. Varys has always been outside of the power structure, influencing and occasionally nudging people or events, but he's never been powerless - and again, he choses who he serves. LF a little like the dark side of Varys. The fact he didn't show up much during s4-6 shows just how much of a shadow figure he is, and again, he's powerful and choses who he serves (but ultimately he only serves himself).

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: The GMAN: Jun 28, 16 18:28
Is it possible the "little brother" isn't her little brother. My own wild shot is after Cercei defeats Dany (and Dany's brother Tyrion) and the Dragons the avenging "King" is Dany's real little brother, Jon Snow.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Jon take is a new one to think about. Although I don't see Daenrys being defeated by Cersei - she's got plot armour donchaknow.

I was thinking it was Tyrion (divine retribution indeed) or Jaime (reprising his role as kingslayer). Eithers good for me but both are pretty obvious.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coecoe13 wrote:
Is it possible the "little brother" isn't her little brother. My own wild shot is after Cercei defeats Dany (and Dany's brother Tyrion) and the Dragons the avenging "King" is Dany's real little brother, Jon Snow.

Dany is Jon's aunt, not his sister. Rhaeger was Dany's eldest brother.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coecoe13 wrote:
The word “Valonqar” means “little brother” in Valyrian.

And you can see they are all about the words/langauge [look how Daenerys learns so many tongues so quickly, and even Tyrion can pick it up, but his REAL strength is something the Classics (Romans & Greeks) called "Oration"]

If they mean "younger" they would have said "younger" and that would leave some ambigiuty

"Little Brother" totally means Tyrion

NOW, she may not die at his Hand [of the Queen] but something he does will take her out

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 6 [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New spinoff series after Season 8:

https://m.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply

Prev Next