Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet. Gay marriage wasn't until recently. The right to bear arms is while ccw isn't unless the court says it is. But a A national ccw law with licensing may be the only way to reign in some states that don't get it.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Not yet. Gay marriage wasn't until recently. The right to bear arms is while ccw isn't unless the court says it is. But a A national ccw law with licensing may be the only way to reign in some states that don't get it.

Of course the difference being marriage is an inherent/natural right and bearing arms is an express/granted right. The former is granted by your maker while the latter is granted at the pure and express discretion of your government.

Apples and hand grenades.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I find it quite problematic for anyone to claim to be a Conservative and a believer in State's Rights and then support a national CCW reciprocity law.

Good thing Trump isn't and has never been a Conservative.

Could a case be made that if you have the right to bear arms, that has to be in a context where it would do you some good? I.e. right to bear arms limited to your house is not much of a right and it think it would fly in the face of what the founders considered appropriate use of firearms.

Now I could see that perhaps CCW is not specifically provided for, could you argue that state have to allow either CCW or Open Carry as it relates to the right to bear arms? or perhaps Constitution Carry as is done in Vt.
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have constitutional carry here in az.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marriage shouldn't be a gov't controlled event. So you are right it is completely different. But I don't see why under the eyes of le it should be treated different. I'm fine with some oppressive regimes facing a little blowback.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
We have constitutional carry here in az.

Why do you think that is? Because the Constitution ensures State's Rights to enact or not enact such provisions. Now, you are arguing the same rights granted to AZ should be usurped by the Federal Government!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Could a case be made that if you have the right to bear arms, that has to be in a context where it would do you some good? I.e. right to bear arms limited to your house is not much of a right and it think it would fly in the face of what the founders considered appropriate use of firearms.

Now I could see that perhaps CCW is not specifically provided for, could you argue that state have to allow either CCW or Open Carry as it relates to the right to bear arms? or perhaps Constitution Carry as is done in Vt.

What is the purpose of the 2A? It isn't for hunting, is it? I thought it was to ensure the government is kept in check. Well, we need more than a pocket carry pistol for that. So, how does CCW further that purpose?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
patf wrote:

What is the purpose of the 2A? It isn't for hunting, is it? I thought it was to ensure the government is kept in check. Well, we need more than a pocket carry pistol for that. So, how does CCW further that purpose?

Agreed it is not to hunt. But I thought Heller decision was that people have the right to guns for self defense. Is that not under the 2A, but a different part of constitution? If part of 2A, then shouldn't Heller imply some sort of carry? Unless Heller was only to apply to the home, but I thought it was more broad than home?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The constitution says what the Supreme Court says it says. Not what I think and not you. We have both been wrong on some huge cases. Like I said, I'm fine with a nation ccw license enforced at a federal level.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
The constitution says what the Supreme Court says it says. Not what I think and not you. We have both been wrong on some huge cases. Like I said, I'm fine with a nation ccw license enforced at a federal level.

The difference between inherent rights and granted rights is settled law.

Based on your position regarding a nation-wide CCW requirement, I have to assume you no longer support State's rights. Way to go, Lefty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man we have moved way pay states rights and their is no turning back. Time to get mine.

The hastening of the end is coming and I just want to cash in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course I value state rights. I said I'm
Mixed about it. I'm more In favor of removing suppressors from the nfa. I could live without a national ccw to be honest as I don't frequently visit communist states that don't value freedom.

With that said I'm not going to argue against it and such a law may in fact force the courts to address the issue thus making it a constitutional right. Which is IMHO something that needs to be settled.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just found out a bill to eliminate the onerous requirements to obtain a suppressor has already been presented to the House as H.R.3799 - Hearing Protection Act of 2015.

Details: https://www.congress.gov/...e-bill/3799/all-info

I suspect this particular change is farther along than any of the others and could get through Congress and signed by Trump pretty quickly.

We can only hope.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Last edited by: gregtryin: Nov 14, 16 19:15
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
Just found out a bill to eliminate the onerous requirements to obtain a suppressor has already been presented to the House as H.R.3799 - Hearing Protection Act of 2015.

Details: https://www.congress.gov/...e-bill/3799/all-info

I suspect this particular change is farther along than any of the others and could get through Congress and signed by Trump pretty quickly.

We can only hope.

Greg

That would be great. I heard in the UK, where suppressors are legal, from what I understand, they sell for around $75.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply

Prev Next