Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FEMA head removed from disaster relief
Quote | Reply
So will he get a medal now for his efforts?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168915,00.html
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopefully his next stop is the shit can

Officially Retracted at 1:08 Central time 9-9-2005- Read Below

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Last edited by: hasbeenswimmer: Sep 9, 05 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doubtful...And this is just the beginning of the heads being chopped.
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
hopefully his next stop is the shit can
Sort of hard to fault a guy who has no experience, who hired him?
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [PeckerHead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

No experience?

From the FEMA website

Under Secretary Brown has led Homeland Security’s response to more than 164 presidentially declared disasters and emergencies, including the 2003 Columbia Shuttle disaster and the California wildfires in 2003. In 2004, Mr. Brown led FEMA’s thousands of dedicated disaster workers during the most active hurricane season in over 100 years, as FEMA delivered aid more quickly and more efficiently than ever before.

Previously, Mr. Brown served as FEMA's Deputy Director and the agency's General Counsel. Shortly after the September 11th terrorist attacks, Mr. Brown served on the President's Consequence Management Principal's Committee, which acted as the White House's policy coordination group for the federal domestic response to the attacks. Later, the President asked him to head the Consequence Management Working Group to identify and resolve key issues regarding the federal response plan. In August 2002, President Bush appointed him to the Transition Planning Office for the new Department of Homeland Security, serving as the transition leader for the EP&R Division.

164 other disaster prior to Katrina- Thats Experience

Was FEMAs Deputy Director Prior to become the Director- Thats Experience

Was FEMAs General Council- Thats Experience

I could go on but I won't I'll assume you'll read what I posted.

Personally at this time I don't think he is to blame, but we'll have to wait and see how the fact ends up. Right now the Blame appears to be headed right at the Mayor and Governor.

So now you’re wondering why I want the guy shit canned. I want him shit canned so unyielding thoughtless Bush haters like yourself will shut up. But now that I think about it nothing Bush does will be enough for people like you, so I guess I take back my first statement about Brown. Now I think Bush should appoint Brown as Governor of Louisiana so he could show her how to manage a disaster.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The current administration doesnt want you playing the blame game.
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The current administration doesnt want you playing the blame game.
or you

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was I playing the blame game?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So now you’re wondering why I want the guy shit canned. I want him shit canned so unyielding thoughtless Bush haters like yourself will shut up. But now that I think about it nothing Bush does will be enough for people like you, so I guess I take back my first statement about Brown. Now I think Bush should appoint Brown as Governor of Louisiana so he could show her how to manage a disaster.

Flip Flopper! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:

Flip Flopper! ;)
Correct, but I'm no John Kerry

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has been relieved of directly managing the Hurricane Katrina response. He has not been relieved as head of FEMA (his real job). He may have another hurricane or two on his hands before November 30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Correct me if I am wrong but don't our representatives and senators bear the blame here? I mean everyone keeps blaming the president but he only nominated him for the position. He was unanamously approved. I think you need to write your congressman.
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [armytriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do people expect. Give me a break when a drunk who drowned a girl and swam away keeps getting elected to the senate year after year nothing surprises me.
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [armytriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my golly, "accountability" enters the Bush administration's vocabulary. What will they discover next, competence perhaps?
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would anybody in their right mind in the Bush administration want to admit to even the slightest faux paus when the Dems are busily sawing away at the plank that the administration sits on, in an effort to make political hay out of every single thing that they believe is Bush's fault?

The desperateness behind Nancy Pelosi and the rest of that gang of pathetickers on the left is so patently obvious and mean-spirited that I'm genuinely surprised that anyone with half a brain falls for it. Pat Leahy, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer......do any of them have even the slightest original idea for how to address some of the very real problems that confront this country? Or do they just want to wallow in an orgy of finger pointing, race-baiting political shenanigans and other ploys designed mainly to reinforce their already-doomed grasp on the last remaining vestiges of political power that they do have?

I guess they're going to ride the "Katrina is all Bush's fault" bandwagon for everything it's worth, in hopes that this is, finally, the issue upon which they can mount a full-scale offensive to take back what they somehow believe is a divine right to the levers of power in our nation.

As Pelosi said to Harold Ford, when he mounted a challenge for the position of House Minority Leader: "It's over". They should just get used to it and act as the loyal opposition, instead of engaging in obstructionism, obfuscation and out-and-out lying.

And lest the Ree-pubs think that they don't share any blame in this mess, think again. I've never seen a majority party, in control of the White House, the House and the Senate (not to mention a majority of the Supreme Court) seem so pusillanimous when it comes to using that power to control the agenda. Jeez.....talk about being afraid of your own shadow.

Okay....I'm done ranting, and am ready for my medication and to go lay by my dish. Ciao for now!

T.
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can complain all you want, but the reality is the negative campaigning is slowly being effective. The objective is to destroy Bush's popularity and thus his effectiveness as a vehicle to return to power. To the extent there is collateral damage in Iraq or in the US, hey, it happens.

The one flaw in the logic is that Bush is not and never will be running for anything, but their hope is that the attacks will carry over to party labels.

You only need to convince a few people with half a brain or less in order to move the polls. That is the plan.
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The one flaw in the logic is that Bush is not and never will be running for anything, but their hope is that the attacks will carry over to party labels.
And what exactly do you think the Repubs did when Gore was running?

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Campaigns are campaigns. They are what they are. Bush is not campaigning now, and never will again.

Very different situation.

The same thing is happening in CA with Arnie. There is a nonstop, big dollar campaign to malign the guy any way they can. It is mostly financed by the Unions. It is slowly but surely having its effect. His poll numbers are down.
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bush is campaigning for 2 supreme court justices, privitization of social security, making the tax cuts permanent, elimination of the estate tax, and support for the Iraq war.---- (and I'm not gonna mention Rove/Palme)

He is still campaigning - Do you think he really wants to leave office with a 39% approval rating?
Quote Reply
Re: FEMA head removed from disaster relief [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt he cares about his approval rating after he leaves office.

His approval rating 20 years later is a different matter.

Reagan left office with a low approval rating as well. Bush made the point at the start of his second term. He had political capital and his aim was to spend it. Capital left in the bank as you leave office is simply wasted down a rat hole.
Quote Reply