Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: free cat toys for Humane Society donation
Quote | Reply
I make fun multicolored cat toys out of the left over fleece I have from making hats for my business. I usually give these to friends for free and I would like to offer to you a free cat toy for your donation to the The Humane Society of the United States' (HSUS) Disaster Relief Fund.

Make your donation and choose a free cat toy from me: http://www.moonlighters-market.com/...=index&cPath=161

I am not accepting donations on behalf of the Humane Society, I'm just offering these for free to thank you for your donation. (Doing this on the honor system to keep it simple).

I have about 35 toys but I will make more as necessary so if you have cat loving friends, please send them to my web site or email me tribabe@gmail.com

DOG LOVERS: I'm working on customizable dog collars but I'm not ready with them yet. Sorry!!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: free cat toys for Humane Society donation [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These funds are so desperately needed. Thanks for giving people an extra incentive to donate! I have the priviledge of being the director of a animal rescue in Michigan and have seen first hand the work that groups across the country are doing to help the pets stranded by Katrina. Many of the people that evacuated were forced to leave their family pets behind. The shelters in these areas are no longer usable and there are thousands of cats and dogs without anywhere to be placed. We are transporting to foster homes around the country on a daily basis. The Humane Society has really led the charge in this effort, as they always do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome. i made a donation. can't believe i didn't think of this fund sooner....thank you so much for mentioning it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: OT: free cat toys for Humane Society donation [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me too - very easy to make the payment on the site - literally took 30 seconds- The Humane Society is where we got our kitty from 4 years ago - he's in surgery right now - sick kitty - will hopefully be better later today or tomorrow so we can bring him home

Unfortunately there are just so many abandoned and stranded animals in the wake of Katrina - that are literally dying by the minute - and the irony is - with so much water around in such oppressive heat - the animals can;t drink it without getting sick and dying.

AJ
Last edited by: oneforty.6: Sep 7, 05 10:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does anyone know of a foster pet program?

aside from the donation, i'm interested in helping by taking in a small dog or something...
Last edited by: kittycat: Sep 7, 05 11:38
Quote Reply
Re: OT: free cat toys for Humane Society donation [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget to get me your address so I can send you a kitty cat toy!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: free cat toys for Humane Society donation [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Dumb Friends League in Denver has taken in pets of hurricane refuges who have relocated here and who cannot keep their pets with them. You might want to check with your local humane society.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BUMP In case you missed this yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How thoughtful of you! Thanks for the nudge. I donated. I'm such a softie when it comes to animals. I have three adopted/rescued dogs and the pet situation in "New" Orleans breaks my heart.

Liz

BTW - really cool looking toys you make!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: free cat toys for Humane Society donation [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The Dumb Friends League in Denver has taken in pets of hurricane refuges who have relocated here and who cannot keep their pets with them. You might want to check with your local humane society.
yes I'll check into it. it will take some convincing with my husband, but i'm going to try to my best to take a pet in. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Trailbait,

This is a great idea. Just donated to the fund. I'll wait for one of those great dog collars.

Great work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump, because I (I mean my cat) just got a cat toy.

Jeromy
Quote Reply