Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few years ago....

I am in Safeway -- the couple in front of me splits -- she has the food -- He has the ciggerettes and alcohol -- she pays with food stamps (steaks, chicken, chips) -- he pays for the ciggerettes and booze with cash.

I have a cart load of macaronni and cheese, ramen noodles and rice. I just spent $1,500 on my daughter's braces plus school supplies - I was tapped out - spending my last $40 to feed my family for a week.

As I walked out of the safeway I see them getting into a brand new Caddy. I loaded my groceries into my 12 year old Ford Ranger while shaking my head.

I follow the Caddy out of the parking lot and down the street -- they pull into Government housing -- so they are not even paying rent. As I continue down the road and pull into my condo complex I realize that I have rent due in two weeks, which means I will be eating macaronni and cheese and Ramen noodles again next month.

I dropped off the grocery's - kissed my daughter and went to my second job - I was working two jobs - I got it so she could have braces.

The welfare system sucks -- and people who rip off the welfare system suck even more.
Quote Reply
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we have some more "hate the victims" talk.

I'm enjoying this....I bet someone here donated a kidney and had it thrown back at them, or at least heard a story about someone who did.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
I also heard similar stories [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard a story. It was a thread on slowtwitch for like a week. Apparently, you're full of it.

No seriously, Karl Rove just returned from getting his kidney stones removed, and the president is at 38%. So, Karl is starting up the propaganda machine, shore up the base.

Part of the strategy is to paint the people down in NO as ingrateful, lazy, etc., . So, it is clear either you or one of your friends 'got the memo'.

Stay on message, but I am not buying it.

Shame on you.

iambigkahunatony.com
Last edited by: wmh: Sep 12, 05 10:54
Quote Reply
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you could hire a NO refugee to spell check for you.

"Must be good speller, willing to wear cosco sneakers, eternally grateful, ... because you know I was once poor, too."

iambigkahunatony.com
Quote Reply
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [Jeff_Mdot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Refugee on the news last night being interviewed says "this is the best thing that ever happened to us" "We got $2000, food stamps, $500 from local donations, a borrowed car, clothes, toys,... We never had so much before...We are going to stay here and ain't never going back...." Isn't Houston lucky...

PS..why do they deserve to get more than they had before??
Quote Reply
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [triall3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, you're so right. How much of it should we take back from the greedy free-loaders? I say we start with the toys. Nobody needs a toy to survive.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You didn't answer the question prick...I never said anything about taking toys away...I asked why do they deserve more than they had before?
Quote Reply
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [triall3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You didn't answer the question prick...I never said anything about taking toys away...I asked why do they deserve more than they had before?

No, no- I agree with you. Didn't I already say that? I'm asking what our next step should be.

(I don't see why we shouldn't take the toys back, though. Are you some kind of bleeding heart, or something? Why do they deserve toys that they didn't have before?)

So, how do we go about getting what's ours back from these bottomfeeders? Should we charge interest, or just garnish any future earnings for the nominal amount they've stolen from us?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats your solution....ask to see someone's bank balance before you give them assistance? only give money to people who had it before?

One third of the people of New Orleans were living below the poverty line before Katrina, if this is an opportunity to address that problem then we should address it. People should be given the basic necessities to survive with a little dignity...even if they didn't have those necessities before the storm.

Its called basic human decency where I'm from.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: Sep 12, 05 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Addressing the poverty problem? Is that what this about? I go into a popular department store over the weekend near Grapevine, TX. The store is thrashed, and there must of been 1000 refugees running wild with shopping carts, screaming, yelling, arguing, cutting line, and most seem to have carts full of all sorts of non-essential BS. Turns out 700+ are staying at DFW Grapevine Hilton and went out on a little shopping spree. (can't get out of New Orleans but soon as they hear about $2K debit cards at the Astro dome they grow wings and seen to fly in from all over the country) Most of these freeloaders are experts at milking the system and it won't be long before they have it all figured out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put on you flame proof suit.

Quote | Reply
As Johnny Cash once said, "I fell into a burning ring of fire."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That must have been awful having all those nasty black people in your nice department store. Simply awful.

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt, maybe you can ship them a couple cases of Chateau Petrus.

Re: WTF? These shoes aren't good enough? Send the bastards back to NO. [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Matt, maybe you can ship them a couple cases of Chateau Petrus."

Then what else would they sip on as they lounge around their fire bemoaning the awful plight of all the poor people in the world?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't recall mentioning race. Interesting that based on the described behavior you assumed they were black. Who's the racist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That must have been awful having all those nasty black people in your nice department store. Simply awful.

I love how you assume he didn't like them because they were black (which you also assumed), not because they were spending money that we, as taxpayers, gave them on shit they didn't need.
Quote Reply

Prev Next