Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: President Threatened by La. Senator [kjsmitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If one person criticizes our sheriffs, or says one more thing, including the President of the United States, he will hear from me - one more word about it after this show airs and I - I might likely have to punch him - literally," says Landrieu.

Blah. Blah. Blah. *rolls eyes* and all of the other internet cliches that symbolize waste of time and breath.

The politicisizing (<--word?) that's going on with this NATIONAL DISASTER is disgusting. Too many folks are looking to make a name for themselves, get re-elected by placing misplaced blame and grandstanding, and on and on.

How much can this be talked about?

How many people invovled do we *really* need to hear from? If there really were *this many* "experts" in our country, we might never have any problems.

It's amazing that one event can be so inspiring (how some help each other) and embarrassing (how others point fingers, bitch & moan, and posture and preen) at the same time.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: President Threatened by La. Senator [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why was it so much easier to mobilize federal resources after 9/11 in the search and rescue phase?

Infrastructure was still in place for 9/11. The area of destroyed infrastructure paled in comparison to this hurricane/flood. There is no infrastructure at all over a 90,000 square mile area. It complicates things a lot. I think the rescue could have been improved, but there is no way they could have put together a coordinated response that would have been there the next day. You could have some people just driving in to help the next day, but that would have just added to the chaos. The response had to be well coordinated, especially considering the dangerous rioting and the lack of infrastructure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next