Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Don’t have kids! Part II: Kid Punishment
Quote | Reply
In response to the earlier thread: Don’t have kids!!!!!!!, I got to thinking about what I do with my kids and what my parents did with us, certain infractions and the impending/delivered punishment deserved from my parents. I never got grounded- EVER. But... I think it's very entertaining now, but as a child, there were plenty of times I wished that bus would get my parents as they crossed the street hand in hand as a result of that 'unfair' persecution they inflicted on my brother and I. Let's hear yours.
  1. Any disrespect to my mother (including not moving the instant she asked for help in the kitchen) got my brother and I 100 pushups to be delivered at that instant before my mother. Follow ups tacked on 50 at a time.
  2. Didn't feed the dog on time? Drop and give me 50 right now, boys- Dad.
  3. Didn't mow the lawn like I asked you earlier, boys? Go move that woodpile across the yard and you are not to come inside until it's done. Lots of moonlit wood hauling let me tell you for me and my bro.
  4. Fighting with your brother again, boys? Go get the boxing gloves (never far away) and brother and I would be given a choice. We could either deliver 500 pushups each, or slug away at each other with boxing gloves on until we never wanted to swing at each other again. That only happened twice and ensured my brother and I never faught when mom and dad were around.

By the time I was 12 I could crank out 250 pushups at the drop of a hat. Great training at the time for future sports, but it disciplined us and didn't leave marks ;>).

I'll do the same for my little guy when he's old enough for pushups, but I think back and smile at all the creative punishments my dad had lined up for us in our youth- woodpiles, pushups, boxing gloves, etc. The list goes on. What a guy! Let's hear yours.

Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids! Part II: Kid Punishment [XXX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great. Your Dad sounds like he was a pretty cool cat! I haven't talked to mine in 9 years. He wasn't as creative as yours. LOL My brother and I ran the house like it was an Army base though. Under my father's watchful eye of course. As soon as we were tall enough to see dials and buttons we were cooking and cleaning!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely sounds better than 'Go get the 18 inch ruler'!!

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, you had an 'interesting' father. i must say i do not at all agree with the approach he used. perhaps it was better than being struck with a stick, but that is not saying much.

there are so many problems to connecting physical activity with punishment. and that is what was/is going on here. just as it is equally lame to go ask kids to 'run laps' as penance for some alleged infraction.

think before you repeat the cycle with your offspring.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids! Part II: Kid Punishment [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a walk in the park to me. I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure. It's all about perspective isn't it?
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids! Part II: Kid Punishment [dakinilegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perhaps, but who is G.Z.?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids! Part II: Kid Punishment [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary Zukav ;)
Quote Reply