Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

armytriguy vs. klehner Smackdown question.
Quote | Reply
I have the date circled. I am hoping Pay Per View picks this up. I am preparing my bet. I'm ready for some trash talking. Only one question remains: What the hell is this? I know you two are going mano a mano in some race. What's the wager? What act of humility will the loser have to endure?
Quote Reply
Re: armytriguy vs. klehner Smackdown question. [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What act of humility will the loser have to endure?

Doesn't the loser have to shave his legs and nacho?

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Re: armytriguy vs. klehner Smackdown question. [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the date circled. I am hoping Pay Per View picks this up. I am preparing my bet. I'm ready for some trash talking. Only one question remains: What the hell is this? I know you two are going mano a mano in some race. What's the wager? What act of humility will the loser have to endure?

The story behind the story. Ken and I raced against each other in April at a duathlon in Delaware. As I was picking up my packet I scanned the entry list (in my age group) and noticed ken Lehner. I took note of his number since I did not know what he looked like. As we toed the line for the first 5K he took it out fast with the lead group and it was all I could do to keep him in sight (he is very fast). I knew my only chance to catch or pass him would be to take the bike out hard. I did catch him and managed to put a minute into him going into T2. At the run turn around I saw him charging hard and I really had to dig deep to hold him off. After the race I introduced myself and said I was armytriguy from slowtwitch. Boy if looks could kill (not really). We had a nice chat during the awards presentation and said we would probably see each other again. Well a couple of months ago he emails me about a race he is the reigning masters champion at and invited me down. Something about getting even;) I put it on my calender and now race day is nearing. We are both registered but Ken is nursing a pulled hamstring. Not sure if I should feel sorry for him or if he's "playing possum"? Anyway thats what its all about. Will give you the blow by blow after the race.
Last edited by: armytriguy: Aug 17, 05 14:57
Quote Reply
Re: armytriguy vs. klehner Smackdown question. [armytriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, heck. You blew my plans. I had a three day series of postings to describe this, although it was to be in the main forum (after all, it is about triathlon). I'll probably do it anyway next week. The final installment will include some serious name-calling, if not outright lying.

And yes, my hamstring is injured for real. Just got back from some PT (that's physical therapy, not physical training, armytriguy). The duathlon will most likely be my first attempt at speedwork in four weeks.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. =)

What does the loser have to do?

If Ken loses, I would love to see a pic of him in a "W" t-shirt ... or better yet ... AiG.

If ATG loses, I think he would look pretty in a Kerry t-shirt, dontchathink?

Loser has to grow leg hair?

If ATG wins, he gets Ken's moustache?

Besides pride and bragging rights, what's ont he line. We have to narrow this down to something cheap, materialistic, and stupid ... it's the slowtwitch way.

If the answer is forthcoming in Ken's main forum series, then I suppose I can hold my breath (my baited breath). Oh my.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The race must be the Lighter Than Duathlon??

You caught and passed Ken on the bike? WOW. I know what that took. Now I'm torn in my choice: Route for the fellow Jerseyian or fellow in arms. What to do, what to do. Is anybody taking bets?
Quote Reply
Re: armytriguy vs. klehner Smackdown question. [TriPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race must be the Lighter Than Duathlon??

Yes it is. Ken seems to think because its being held on a military base (Lakehurst NAS) that I have some type of advantage. I on the other hand feel because its right in his back yard he is the one with the advantage plus he is the reigning masters champ and knows the course well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's see ... we're always drawn to the Underdog. So ....

Root for ATG, Ken is defending champ.

Root for Ken, ATG beat Ken last time.

Root for Ken, heck it's on a military base.

Root for ATG, it's in Ken's backyard.

Root for Ken, Ken's got a bad hammy.

Root for ATG, Ken's knows the course.

This isn't really helping at all.

I think I've found a way to solve this for me. Ken and ATG ... assumming it's a Boston-STL World Series again, which one of your roots for the Redbirds?

=======================
Quote Reply
Re: armytriguy vs. klehner Smackdown question. [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see ... we're always drawn to the Underdog. So ....

Root for ATG, Ken is defending champ.

Root for Ken, ATG beat Ken last time.

Root for Ken, heck it's on a military base.

Root for ATG, it's in Ken's backyard.

Root for Ken, Ken's got a bad hammy.

Root for ATG, Ken's knows the course.

This isn't really helping at all.

I think I've found a way to solve this for me. Ken and ATG ... assumming it's a Boston-STL World Series again, which one of your roots for the Redbirds?

Well again we have an intersting dilemma. Ken is an avid Met fan and I am a die hard Yankee fan (go figure). I will ALWAYS root for anyone to beat the Red Sox so its St Louis all the way;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Besides pride and bragging rights, what's ont he line.

What can be more important than pride and bragging rights? Heck, this isn't about bragging rights.

Actually, it's all about fun.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well again we have an intersting dilemma. Ken is an avid Met fan and I am a die hard Yankee fan (go figure). I will ALWAYS root for anyone to beat the Red Sox so its St Louis all the way;)
And seeing as I'm a Sixers fan from way, way back, you can imagine that I would never, ever root for a Boston team. And you'd be right. Even against the Yankees (shudder).

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: armytriguy vs. klehner Smackdown question. [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What can be more important than pride and bragging rights? Heck, this isn't about bragging rights.

Actually, it's all about fun.

I know ... and you're right.

I'm just being silly.

Hope you both have a safe and enjoyable race (and a PB if possible), and we'll enjoy reading the accounts of the race.

Ken is an avid Met fan and I am a die hard Yankee fan

You two were just made for each other.

Again, have a great time.

=======================
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Aug 18, 05 8:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I'm just being silly.