Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anti-bush editorial
Quote | Reply
I'm a pretty liberal guy, this has got to be the first anti-bush editorial i disagree with. In fact, this is just about the only trait of his that I admire

http://www.latimes.com/...ews-comment-opinions
Quote Reply
Re: anti-bush editorial [jeffm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also pretty liberal and Bush is certainly an easy guy to bash, but this guy comes across as a big whiner.

Isn't it possible that Bush might be strategerizing while he works out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least they put it on the editorial page for a change instead of the news section.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. Not a very valid opinion for a large daily. They had to print something.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's from the New Republic which is supposedly liberal but could barely bring itself to support someone who opposes Shrub in the last election. The fact that Bush takes more vacation time than any working person in our country in something else to write about...

How about some Doctorow instead -
http://www.easthamptonstar.com/20040909/col5.htm
Quote Reply
Re: anti-bush editorial [SWoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The fact that Bush takes more vacation time than any working person in our country in something else to write about..."

Do you really think any president isn't a foot away from all information and equipment he needs?

Let me guess your answer.

"Have you seen how shrub is doing?" YUCK YUCK YUCK!

The New Republic could barely bring itself to support Kerry because they knew what a loser he was. I can't believe you guys got beat by Bush twice. That is unreal.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: anti-bush editorial [Under Repairs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually if you *read* the first article, he's pretty far away most of the time unless they have telemetry and notebook computers on his mountain bike/golf club/running shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you aren't familiar with communication technology of the last 20 years. Let's see radios, blackberrys, cell phones, satellite phones, wireless Internet, smoke signals, etc.

Don't forget there are people who can use all these modern things and they can follow the president on foot, on a bike, in a golf cart, on horse back, in car or truck, in a helicopter all kinds of neat shit.

Yeah must be impossible to inform the president unless he is in his office.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're misdirecting. If he were actually coming up with new ideas instead of just pounding the same ones over and over again, I would think he was working. But he's not.

Shrub says we aren't negotiating with the worst country in the world especially not one on one until hey, we spent our wad in Iraq and we have no choice but to negotiate with North Korea.

Then we aren't negotiating with Iran until heck, what do you know, we pretty much greased the skids to put Iran's best friends in charge of Iraq. This is going to be a blast.

He's not talking about world affairs or how he's going to fix the morass in Iraq, otherwise we would see something other than a new *slogan* for our convenient neverending war on terrorism, or
Global Struggle Against Violent Extremism, GSAVE. I think the next bright move will be declaring war on SPECTRE to save the queen.

W gets the most important job in the free world and it's so important to him he take more vacation time away from it than anyone in history.

Keep the faith, if you believed the fairy tale about WMDs in Iraq, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you never get your best ideas when you workout? You have to behind a desk to think?

What makes me laugh is you talk about how stupid he is and how he never does anything right but you didn't beat him in an election. He was incredibly defeatable in both elections and you guys dropped the ball. Instead of picking yourselves up and getting it together you complain about how much he excerises.

The man is not who I want as president but as far as the WMD myth went a lot more more people them him, a lot of people who are in denial mode, beieved it too. He was wrong, I was wrong, Brititan was wrong a whole hell of a lot of people where wrong but to just hang on to the past and say he was wrong all the time is bullshit. Where are the Democrats ideas other than begging the UN for forgivness? How would you handle all these problems?

You don't know so you say the bullshit about the vacations and you believe Michael Moore bullshit and you do anything other then change things.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it was better when clinton wasted his time eating fatty greasy foods so that he had to have a heart bypass surgery. The LAT is so full of shit...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For one thing you are trying to put a lot of things in my mouth that I never said.

You are the one claiming your opposition wants the UN to forgive someone for some junk. That's just a bogus straw man argument you made up so you can shoot it down. You're are one to be talking B.S.

I don't even see where you are jumping to conclusions about Michael Moore - you just made some assumption about something he said and assumed I agreed with it apparently. You seem to think everyone that disagrees with you must think alike. I hate to disappoint you.

There were only a few countries pushing the stupid WMD idea and most American still believe it because the Bushies pushed it so hard for so long. The so called liberal media (not) has been pushing the Bush line for a long time. Hey, the Republicans are in charge of the House Senate and Presidency and things aren't looking too bright. Even Ann Coulter today said the Right owns the media. The current Pollyanna Bush way of doing things is to say things are swell and keep doing things the same way until they are too screwed up to fix. Heck, these guys make McNamara in 66 sound like a pessimist. In the last twelve months the only thing that has changed in the war on terror is we have changed the slogan. I guess Bush did need a alot of vacation after all.

I'm not a Democrat so quit assuming stuff. You aren't too bright that way. But you sure are quick to defend Bush.

There are several things we could do in Iraq right now. We should quit meddling in their elections with covert operations (like funding the guys we like) and let them settle it themselves and act as we talk, as it is,they see any one from the interim government as a bunch of US stooges, and every poltician there is eager to disassociate themself from Americans. Replace all the Republican operatives in the coalition beauracracy with state department folks who have actual experience in this stuff. Get rid of plans for the world's largest embassy in Baghdad. We should admit we f'ed up in Abu Gharib and string up the guys who ordered it at the top, and guess what,that means Bush or Gonzalez gets to be culpable for their actions and memos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy never does a thing. Right.

Oh, CAFTA passed last night with essentially no Democratic support. Even those who supported NAFTA opposed CAFTA.

Just keep on opposing everything, proposing nothing, letting the stupid W outmanuever you at ever turn and, most important of all, keep losing elections.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Bush's insistence that the entire populace follow his example, and that his staff join him on a Long March — er, Long Run — carries about it the faint whiff of a cult of personality. It also shows how out of touch he is."

That's pure gold, baby.

The president's main man leaked the identity of a CIA agent to the press, and the LA Times is all knotted up because he exercises too much, and thinks the rest of America should get off the couch. You can't make this stuff up.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Last edited by: vitus979: Jul 28, 05 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: anti-bush editorial [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Oh, CAFTA passed last night with essentially no Democratic support. Even those who supported NAFTA opposed CAFTA. "

Maybe because they realized the errors of their ways and didn't want to repeat the same ones again?
Quote Reply
Re: anti-bush editorial [haris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If so, I must have missed the part where those Congressmen admitted the errors and came out against NAFTA and free trade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And before the Bushies pushing Iraqi WMD, it was Clinton, and Kerry, and many, many others. Try reading "Plan of Attack" by Bob Woodward if you still think Bush lied about the WMD (unless you think Bob Woodward is also part of the right wing media empire...). The person who pushed the hardest in the Bush administration that Iraq had WMD was probably George Tenet, the DCI, and also a holdover from the Clinton administration.

The idea of regime change did come from Bush, either....it was American policy from the Clinton administration.

Quote | Reply
You didn't miss it, they never did.
I'm just saying that it might be why (might)...

"The idea of regime change did come from Bush, either....it was American policy from the Clinton administration. "

That's been American policy for decades, regardless of which party is in the office. South/Central America, Asia, Africa offer quite a few examples.
Last edited by: haris: Jul 28, 05 10:23
Quote Reply
Re: anti-bush editorial [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow... you guys are amazing. I usually stay out of the lavender room for my health and sanity, but I wanted to post that article since it was vaugely related to triathlon (health, exercise, etc.) I guess I was hoping to promote a discussion about the benefits of our president leading a healthy lifestyle and leading by example, but... ; )

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry your thread got hijacked, but I don't think I am the one that did it, am I?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rather Bush than Sadam, Osama, the Guy with the funny hairstyle running North Korea or the Guy with the equally wierd hairdo running PROC. And the President has many able advisors to handle and advise him on all pros n cons of all the issues relating to running the country and making policies. I would rather have a fit and relaxed President making good judgement calls from the info of his many advisors, rather than one who is overworked and stressed and still trying to figure evrything out in his own mind making the judgement calls.
Quote Reply
Re: anti-bush editorial [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gimme a break. With the way the Bushies are, they would not have kept any one around who was not a company man for very long. They fired military guys who publicly hinted at disagreement with the company line even though they otherwise wrap themselves in military ceremonies. They didn't listen to Richard Clarke very much when he didn't agree with their preconceived notions.

We get attacked by terrorists and Bush invades the *wrong* country, Iraq. Heck, we didn't even finish the first country we properly invaded.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-pakban28jul28,0,1838806.story?coll=la-home-headlines
Bush is sending F-16s to these jokers in Pakistan to reward them for this great *cooperation*. This is starting to look like appeasement.
I didn't hear a whole lot of Democrats talking about that. Bush says he'll send more men to Iraq if the commanders ask for it, meanwhile, a.) generals get fired for saying we need more men b.) military guys say we probably shouldn't torture folks if we're not really sure what they did, but heck, Bush thinks we should then ignore those military guys since nobody pays attention to what he does, and they just repeat what he says.
http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=1068386&tw=wn_wire_story
And the guy who led Gitmo went on to Abu Gharib. I wish things were getting better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you deny that the notion that Iraq had WMD predates the Bush administration? That's ludicrous.

Quote | Reply
Bush is sending F-16s to these jokers in Pakistan to reward them for this great *cooperation*.

I'd rather Pakistan get F-16's than China get nuclear weapons, but hey what am I going to do. I'm just a working schmoe.
Quote Reply