Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Serviceable Road Bike for 5'7" Female
Quote | Reply
So my girlfriend just completed here first tri two weekends ago and did awesome (2nd AG, 8th OA). She raced on my old hand me down road bike which is a mid 90's GT with 7 remaining functioning speeds (no front derailer or shifter). Its like three sizes to big for her (I'm 6' tall and it was to big for me) and weights better than 30 pounds with water bottles.

Anyway, shes stoked on the whole sport, and even cycling a bit now - she was pretty scared of it to start which is understandable since the only bike she had doesn't even come close to fitting her. She is an Americorps volunteer this year (12K a year in San Francisco) and will be going to grad school next year so purchasing anything in a bike shop is well beyond her means. I would like to get her a bike that fits to keep the fire burning, but I'm no money bags either and basically getting both of us by as it is already. Shes a talented athlete (DI Track and XC) who deserves to be able to compete.

What I'm looking for:

-late 90's or newer

-small enough for someone who is 5'7"

-105 mix or comparable

-any frame material, but hopefully a weight of under 25 pounds

-price range $300-400

-working, not rusty, not abused etc...

Hopefully thats no too picky. I realize beggers can't be choosers. I'd like to do this locally and live in the San Francisco bay area. Let me know if you've got anything.
Quote Reply