Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Virginia is hot...
Quote | Reply
The State of Virginia, or rather the commonwealth, that is.

Just finished moving to VA Beach and finally got my internet hooked up. It's much hotter here than RI. Plus I closed yesterday on my first house, so no more renting, but also now I have to mow the lawn and trim the hedges and all that crap. It's good to see the discussion didn't suffer in my absence. I see even Terri Schiavo made an appearance. Good to see things don't change.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Virginia is hot... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"now I have to mow the lawn and trim the hedges and all that crap."

Congrads on your first house. A house is the best investment you can make. Oh but the joys of home ownership - I've always hated mowing the grass but it has to be done again Saturday. Sometimes I just hire a kid to do it or get my son to cut it since he lives with me in the summer. I even prefer shovelling snow more than cutting grass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the house and the move.

A good tri scene down in the hampton roads area. Tidewater Striders is a running club that also caters to triathletes. A great sprint race in September down in Va Beach called the Sandman Triathlon is probably one of the best deals in tri today.

Yes it gets hot...it's going to get hotter as the summer drags on...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent one summer in Va Bch, stationed at Little Creek. It WAS hot. The next summer I was in Pensacola, and didn't really notice much difference in the heat and humidity here vs. there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Virginia. Its hot and humid in the summer but the winters are milder the RI. Check out First Landing for running. Mostly shaded and the ground is soft. You just missed 2 local Tris. Breezy Point and the Tri America stop in Hampton, although there is plenty of races in VA and NC.

Final Kick is the local Tri store and there are several good bike shops. Running ETC is a vey good running shop too.

Enjoy!!
Quote Reply