Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Business casual work shoes for men?
Quote | Reply
Anybody got any reccomendations? For years I have worn Rockports, but they keep getting heavier and stiffer every few years. There is nothing worse than a weekend of hard triathlon training (or racing) and then going back to work Monday morning and slopping around in uncomfortable shoes.
Last edited by: rocho: Jun 15, 05 5:32
Quote Reply
Re: OT (well sort of) business casual work shoes for men [rocho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best I have found lately is Ecco. Super comfy.

http://www.ecco.com/

Re: OT (well sort of) business casual work shoes for men [rocho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnston and Murphy...last forever! Very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wearing a pair of Wolverine boots (6" ankle). Not very expenssive, but very cozy.
Quote Reply
Re: OT (well sort of) business casual work shoes for men [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
second the ecco rec. as comfortable as running shoes. and they last a long time.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3rd recommendation on Ecco!
Quote Reply
Re: OT (well sort of) business casual work shoes for men [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I see that Ecco's are avaliable locally. I'll go check them out! I knew the ST community would be able to help me out.
Quote Reply
Re: Business casual work shoes for men? [rocho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Johnston & Murphy. I have 5 pairs of various models of J&M, one I've had for 15 years with a ton of wear and they still look pretty good. Great shoes, not as expensive as Allen Edmonds, and last hella long.

Quick J&M customer service story.... When I was visiting Manhattan last summer I bought 2 pair at a sale at one of their stores. Came home to the West Coast, one of the shoes had a defect. Couldn't remember which of the 3 stores I bought them from, couldn't find the receipt. Called one of the stores, they couldn't find me in their computer, but they sent out a replacement pair with absolutely NO problems or hassles. I was shocked!!! After sending the replacement pair, they arranged a pick up of the defective pair. And these were sales shoes, cost about $100, it wasn't like I was buying a $1,000 pair of custom made shoes or something. Exceptional customer service!!!!!
Quote Reply