Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Howard Dean - "GOP is a white, Christian party" [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure but I am sure he is a closet Cervelo rider (got to be a big closet though).
Quote Reply
Re: Howard Dean - "GOP is a white, Christian party" [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Malcolm X used PowerCranks before his pilgramage to Mecca, then he converted to RotorCranks.

Taxes are the price you pay for the opportunity to be successful.
Quote Reply
Re: Howard Dean - "GOP is a white, Christian party" [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gee, I don't remember any mention of a price for success in the history surrounding the 16th Amendment. That makes a lot of sense, let's make it more painful to be successful to satisfy the envy of others.

Earn your own and pay your own way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the quote should read

Progressive taxes are the price you pay because our politicians like to pander to the majority of people (the poor) so that they get elected.

Good strategy but the tax code wasn't written in a order for to pay for the opportunity to be successful. It was written to take money from me and give it to someone who makes less than I do.

NOTE: With all of the above said, I still think a progressive tax structure is the right one though.
Quote Reply
Re: Howard Dean - "GOP is a white, Christian party" [Tyrius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, even with the progressive side of things, but maybe a bit less progressive. (Athough flat is interesting concept that should be explored.)

How about applying a more progressive tax to all of the freaks and pedophiles like Michael Jackson (and priests for that matter). Sick bastards!
Quote Reply
Re: Howard Dean - "GOP is a white, Christian party" [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've always had taxes. Always. If you're not willing to pay more taxes in order to earn more money then either lobby to get it changed, or quit whining. There's a long list of things that have to be done in order to get taxes to be fully lowered, so you have to personally be willing to put in the time and effort to get our government to change.

Start with your own representatives, demand that they stop sending back pork barrel dollars to your state/county/district. Not singling you out, but people always bad mouth Congress as an entity, but then praise their local representatives. Well guess who is approving "uneeded" federal spending? (and state and local for that matter in most cases) Another problem is most people aren't willingn to have their pet programs/needs cut.
Last edited by: Tridiot: Jun 14, 05 5:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There has always been some form of taxes/duties/etc, but the income tax didn't start until the early 1900's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...or quit whining." Go to hell! You have no clue what efforts I have made to change our government. Your presumption would embarrass the shit out of you. Spare me the sanctimonious lectures!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the profanity but everything else I thought of sounded much worse.

Asshole!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't offend easily, so I don't mind at all. I was just commenting on your comment. I'm glad you have done (and hopefully continue) something about changing things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have no clue what efforts I have made to change our government.

Now I'm curious....

remain curious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
suit yourself

no business casual.
Quote Reply

Prev Next