Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Roommate Vent
Quote | Reply
As the school year comes to an end, I will be moving into a new place for my final year of school. That being said here are the reasons it came at just the right time(mostly tri related reasoning). I'm not saying I am the great triathlete or duathlete. but I have reason for my fitting, for what I buy. And I try and get to know the sport in general, instead of assuming everything I learned in high school running and swimming would make my knowledge of athletics for the rest of my life.

1. The guy I share a room with is a poseur(I don't like to throw this word around but let me explain). Hey got a Trek 5200 3 years ago from a cousin, size 56cm. He's 6'2". It doesn't fit and yet when I got my 54.5 cm road bike he drilled me(approxiamately 5'9" to 5'10") about the size because it was so close to the size of his.
He had a set of Carbon Stryke aerobars on his road bike set out damn near as far as they would go and talked about loving how aero they got him; a full 3 cms from saddle to pads in drop. I explained to him before the purchase the concept of shorty aerobars, but how can you talk a poseur out of carbon anything? You can't
He owns a tri suit and has competed in one multisport event.
He took the $125 aero bars off his bike because they were uncomfortable. hmm??
I tried to explain steep seat angles, he doubted me, found a picture of Lance and said "why doesn't he ride steep?". I said "UCI rules seat 5cm behind the bottom bracket"(and at the same time showed him a picture of a TTer with his ass on the end of his seat). He comes back 2 minutes later says "your seat isn't 5 cms behind your bottom bracket". I say "it's because I ride steep, that rule doesn't apply to triathlons". He goes off and measures his seat to bottom bracket distance, I laugh

Now for the other guy who lives above me...
He switched out the aerobars on his Dual to a one piece vision bar. It was the one with the three bolt clamp. After I explained the need to have 90 degree angles in his hip and shoulder he did what I suggested and got his seatpost faced forward. But felt too low on his bike. So, he gets over 4cm in spacers under the clamp of his one piece vision bar and now rides with hardly any drop at all. It is horrible to see a Cervelo used in such a manner, that is when its used. He bikes on average once a week.
He may be the worst climber ever and when he rides with me or the people I like to ride with we drop him on average of 3-4 times.

Like I said, I'm nothing spectacular. But goddamn I hate it when people don't know their shit and tell me stuff like "your bike looks awful uncomfortable(15cm drop)" even though I ride in the aerobars 40 miles and more at a time. To clear things up, there are about 3-4 guys who like me know what we know and like to learn from each other and have good sources. We ride together when we can and usually do so hard.

Thanks for letting me vent

oh and on a non tri related note, the guy with the 5200 is so akward he can kill any good conversation about sex just by entering a room. He gets no ass.
Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [NGMN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My college roommate used to steal my weed and leave his jizz Kleenex on the coffee table. I would have traded roommates with you in a heartbeat.
Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [FeltGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 posts, and this thread is already priceless!

One roommate I had ate with her mouth open (eeww), got pizza stains on my white couch, complained about my dog (who a- was there 1st and b- had better manners), was a huge spice girls fan (worst offense), picked up guys in bars- brought them home to spend the night and not have sex with them (thus frustrated drunk horny men in my home at 3 am), threw broken glass at my head ( I ducked) and wished me a fiery death. I don't really miss her..................kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there anything worse as a drunk horny man at 3 am? They are not drunk enough to give up, and they are horny enough to think they still have a chance somewhere. For being drunk the horniness makes them aggravatingly resourceful.
Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not too mention that I'm not the one who totally misled them into thinking they were gonna get some. Poor guys just ended up with her orange lipstick smeared all over their faces.................kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm, yeah I understand that things could have been worse. These were only vents about tri related stuff. College roommate stories are good though. The wierd part is, I just look back and wonder how the hell did I end up with this guy? Christ he is in Campus Crusades and I have never attended a church service while in college.
Speaking of which everyone of the tri club members at our school are also in all the Christian groups. It makes you get real nervous when they ask you to join the Tri-Club, you know you're in for so much more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> Is there anything worse as a drunk horny man at 3 am?<

Yes. It's BEING a drunk horny man at 3 am! [reply]
Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [FeltGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my college roommates was a drugstore cowboy (poseur) who dipped Skoal and once knocked his spit cup off the desk where it splashed all over the floor. Next thing to hit the floor was my vomit.

I had another roommate who used to bag some coyote ugly bags in our room while I was in my bed (I had swim practice at 0600). One night when I knew he was going to do this, I pulled down his sheets and scraped some fiberglas off the ceiling panel into his bed. Then I pulled the covers up and waited. You should have heard the two of them itching and scratching over there.
Last edited by: tri_bri2: Jun 14, 05 13:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a roommate that was arrested for armed robbery. I got back just in time to see the police completing the "tear up the place" search" and take him away in handcuffs. Fortunately it was at a time in my life where everything I owned would fit in the back of my Chevy Chevette.
Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [crawbush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a roomate called Terry. He was a large hairy guy, back, chest, feet the works and he insisted on using my bar of soap when he took a shower....which thankfully was only about once a week. When I got in there it looked like there was a dead hampster in the soap tray.

He used to bring his friends from Crescent City down to SF on the weekends and they'd all go nuts. One brought a hooker back one night and banged her on the sofa in front of 3 other guys.

We called him smelly Terry because he stank....then one night when I had some friends over and we were all a bit drunk, one buddy saw the soap in the bathroom and coined the classic line.....dude, he's not smelly Terry, he's unsanitary!

I moved out one weekend when he was out of town and I've never seen the guy since.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you should just "give it up". Its not like you have a limited supply! It is a renewable resource.
Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a roommate one summer in college that got a black lab puppy (8 weeks) after we agreed to let her sublet a room while one of the guys went home to Wisconsin. She was fully aware the landlady (cool woman) didn't want dogs in the place - she asked us, then got the dog anyway the day she moved in. Her idea of taking the puppy out in the morning was opening her bedroom door and going back to sleep -letting the dog crap by the front door. Finally the rest of us put her shoes by the door and she learned a lesson the hard way. 2 weeks later she locked the dog in the apartment and went to an all day music festival. I got back from a weekend away to find every cushion and pillow in the place destroyed, not to mention everything else the poor dog got into. My boyfriend and I simply sat down in the middle of it and watched the movie we rented. I couldn't be mad at the puppy - he didn't know better. The roomie returned around midnight and proceeded to rip me for not cleaning up the mess. She moved out a few weeks later, secretly, and with a portion of clothes from everyones' closets. She left town shortly after when her parents found out that she lied about the tuition and bills, spending her college fund on a trip and a car. I still wonder how that poor dog turned out - he deserved better.
Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [rubberchicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a roommate that would get so drunk and obnoxious on the weekends than on more than a few occasions my other rooommate and I hogtied him and left him on the front lawn to chill out.

i just got done w/ a roomate that used to shit in the toilet and not flush. i think i would rather have one that was a poser biker.
Quote Reply
Re: A Roommate Vent [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At one of the local dorms, on move in day. A mother & daughter walked toward her daughters room, the religious pair spoke of what a fine school it was, as mom had gone there years ago.

As they opened the room door , they walked in on the roommate getting it doggie style from the boy friend on the bed. Roommate changes were made.

I love that story.
Quote Reply