Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Random thoughts
Quote | Reply
1. Why didn't the DQ'd Iron-people check their bike odometers. I know if I ever did an Ironman, I'd be counting the miles; 106 would sure stick out. I do feel bad, though, for the people that missed the last 6. I'm not sure my psyche could have handled thinking I'd finished my first IM, only to find out I'd DQ'd. True heartbreak.

2. Why am I too cheap to buy TurboTax let alone hire an accountant? I'm still doing my taxes by hand. That's what I spent today doing. Yee haw!

3. How can I teach my son that his hands must remain OUTSIDE his pants? Nuff said.

4. What is the deal with Denver weather? 70s one day. Blizzard today. We'll have no less than 24 inches before the night's over.

5. 3 of the happiest people on the planet today should be Skid and Sergio and Marisol. Oh, I forgot the 4th -- Tiger Woods. Spectacular Masters performance. Saw it today doing my taxes. As an aside, his wife is physically perfect. I hate her.
Quote Reply
Re: Random thoughts [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Maybe they're all retro-grouches who don't believe in computers. That is pretty rough, though.

2. I'll be doing the taxes with a pencil and scrap paper Tuesday night, after Mrs. Vitus flies to NJ with the boys to visit family for a couple of weeks. My taxes just aren't that complicated. A couple of hours in peace and quiet is about all it really takes.

3. How old is your son? Please say he's not a teenager. ;)

4. I'd rather do my taxes than watch golf. (And though I don't have any idea what she looks like, I doubt Mrs. Tiger is physically perfect. I bet you could drop her like a rock on any hill in your new locale.)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Last edited by: vitus979: Apr 10, 05 20:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Maybe they, like I train with HR, not distance and do not have an odometer on their bike? Retrogrouch...um...not hardly.

one guy, he is an idiot, two...maybe two idiots...when the pros go the wrong way too...course failure

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Answer 1: I don't check my odometer during an event, I focus on how I am going at that moment.

Answer 2; don't know why, but it reminds of the man to whom it was pointed olf that his wife, while being very beautiful, wasn't exactly intellectually endowed, to which he replied "If I want my taxes done, i'll phone my accountant."

Those who know do not speak, those who speak, do not know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would probably think that my bike computer was a little bit off if it read 106 instead of 112. Wouldn't your tire pressure being off a little bit make the odometer inaccurate even if you had it set properly? That would seem possible to me especially after being on the bike for that many hours and who knows what happened when shipping your bike there. If I could even think after riding that far. My odometer was almost a mile short at the Sylvania Olympic distance race last year, and I was just glad to be done with the bike and start running.

I think that Turbo Tax is overrated. I used it this year, and I'm not sure that it saved me any time. Biggest advantage would be access to forms that stay filled in unlike the PDF fill in forms on IRS.GOV that don't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3. that is funny

4. Get used to it, this is spring here. It will be 70 by mid week;) That should be the last one here in Denver but nothing is for sure. The best thing about those storms is they hit and are gone and by the end of the week you will will not see a sign of snow anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
hands must remain OUTSIDE his pants?
Really??? I'll have to take that into account.

Item 4) should be considered as a factor in dealing with item 3)... great place for cold hands. ;}

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Don't know.

2. I use an accountant.

3. Send him to Parris Island. The Marines can cure that.

4. That is why I live in Florida after growing up in Denver and going to school in Gunnison. Yeah, it's hot and humid, but I never had to shovel three feet of humidity off my sidewalk in the morning.

5. Tiger made $1.2M yesterday. That kind of scratch can buy a lot of physical perfection.
Quote Reply