Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NATIONALS NATIONALS NATIONALS!!!
Quote | Reply
It's real, DC has a team, they'll at least play a season!!!

My Dad has waited over thirty years to have the team back, incredibly exciting. Saw his first game with his Grandfather at Griffith Stadium, and we see the season opener on Thursday the 14th!

Go baseball!
Quote Reply
Re: NATIONALS NATIONALS NATIONALS!!! [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. It is opening day for most teams. Only a few weeks until my Royals become mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. They've already been shelled into submission by the lowly Tigers today.

Quote | Reply
Detroit's going to be really good this year, so don't take that too badly. But yeah, the Royals stink ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: NATIONALS NATIONALS NATIONALS!!! [Fatmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yup. It is opening day for most teams. Only a few weeks until my Royals become mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. They've already been shelled into submission by the lowly Tigers today.
If anyone cares, Pedro Martinez, in the Mets' opener, struck out 12 Reds over four innings. Only a walk after the first three Ks broke the string. Pretty darned impressive.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NATIONALS NATIONALS NATIONALS!!! [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the talk about Martinez being old and washed up during the offseason is a joke, the guy is 33, when you consider that Clemens and Johnson are over 40 I think Martinez still has some great years left in him. Maybe the Mets made a decent free agent signing for once!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got back from the 300 mie round trip drive to Philly for the Nats opener. Was great to see HUNDREDS of Nat fans who made the trek to see history made. Damn, they look great in those road blues. Took my Dad (age 67) and my son (age 8 yesterday) and had a blast. Ok, ok, the team is not very good (yet) and they play in the toughest division in MLB, but for one day it was great again to be a baseball fan. I was four years old when the Senators left, and essentially swore off baseball a decade ago. It's nice to be born again for a day. See y'all on 4/14 at RFK.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just left DC in jan and today I miss it more than most days. I'm going to be back this weekend to have a goodbye party and pack up the house.
Have fun at the season opener - btw, there is a nice and fast crit in the RFK parking lot every year. fun race if you're into that sorta thing.

Go NATS!

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply