Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pope Update 4/2/2005
Quote | Reply
Latest statement states Pope is responsive when spoken to but has developed a high fever. Slips in and out of consciousness.

Many outside holding vigil in Vatican Square.

Masses being held around the world in his honor.

Soon he will leave our life and pass on to the next. No doubt he will be welcomed with open arms.

May God Bless this man.
Quote Reply
Re: Pope Update 4/2/2005 [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not being Catholic, but being a lover of Catholics, me and Mrs. Tibbs have a question about the Pope.

Is he more leader of figure head? We ask because why hasn't he been retired to a beautiful Italian villa with the best health care the church can provide while a new Pope is elected and takes over the running of the church.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Pope Update 4/2/2005 [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question, I would like to know the answer to that one too.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Pope Update 4/2/2005 [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CNN is reporting that he has died.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pope is the true head of the church. He sets public policy, and gives final approval on all promotions (bishops, cardinals). I think they are servants to God until He calls them to Him, so I guess you could say JP II has finally retired now. But Roman Catholic priests do retire, so I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: Pope Update 4/2/2005 [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I for one am going to miss the guy. I might have had some disagreements with him but he seemed to want to really reach out to the world and show that we can all get along. We need more men like him.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too. I disagreed with him on many things, but I think he was an honest, good man who was not afraid to speak his mind. Did you know he was quite the mountaineer in his younger days as a priest in Poland?

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply