Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Photograhic Equipment Question
Quote | Reply
I have a couple of Nikon FE SLR's. One has an old flash attachment for the shoe(probabluy 22 years old) --they must have improved since then in recycle speed, etc. Any recommendations, or am I stuck with old technology because of blah, blah, blah. I have digital cameras. Including a digital SLR, but I want to go back to film for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Photograhic Equipment Question [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunpack battery and a good flash that accepts a battery pack. Still the best. Instantaneous flash cycling, can go with a very, very fast motordrive.

Many good camera shops have very, very good flashes private labelled.
Quote Reply
Re: Photograhic Equipment Question [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn good cameras.

Hang on to them. I've still got my Olympus OM-1 setup with multiple lenses ranging from 24mm to 200mm. It still takes just a good a photo as any modern camera. I also have a much newer Nikon F90x(N90s) but still prefer the OM-1. There's just something wonderful about an almost all mechanical camera that actually makes you think when you're taking a picture. This modern electronic stuff is just high end point and shoot.

I also have a YashicaMat 124G and Koni-Omega 6x7 medium format cameras. No 35mm or digital can compete with medium format when it comes to blow ups.

Not sure what flash to get for the FE but on the newsgroup rec.photography.35mm they should be able to answer this. I'm also sure there's lots of enthusiast websites for older Nikons if you do a search.
Quote Reply
Re: Photograhic Equipment Question [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say quantum battery for the battery quantum battery 1 should giv eyou plenty of juice for everything short of a handle mount flash
vivitar 283 (I think that's the model number)is a great shoe mounted flash
simple straight forward best thing short of a dedicated flash and a modern camera.
Quote Reply
Re: Photograhic Equipment Question [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
can go with a very, very fast motordrive.
Thats kind of where I was going--I have the motordrive.
Quote Reply