Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How easy it is to get on the gov't's s*** list
Quote | Reply
http://www.nytimes.com/...onal/28pilot.html?hp

Describes a pilot who is being refused permission to further his pilot career because, while working at a flight school, he picked up Moussaoui from the airport and drove him to the school (M. was later kicked out for not making progress). Everyone and his brother vouches for the guy; a businessman wanted to send him for jet training so he could fly his corporate jet, but he was refused. Pretty sad.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: How easy it is to get on the gov't's s*** list [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a NY Times registered member, so Icouldn't read the story. Do you have it in another format?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: How easy it is to get on the gov't's s*** list [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

username: slowtwitch123
password: slowtwitch123

http://www.optruth.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously, the pilot should have "chosen life," since that's the government's current mantra. Nevermind what Terri Schivo wanted, the government knows better. Nevermind what the pilot says he knew at the time, the government knows better. Big Brother always knows better.

Nevermind me. I'm going back to work.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot easier than it is to get off the govt's s*** list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
totally off topic, but in regards to this sentence in the article:

In 2003, he said, a businessman in Norman, D. Wayne Trousdale, managing partner of Cedar Creek Lumber, offered to send him for jet training so he could pilot the company's $1.5 million Citation. As a foreigner, Mr. Merida had to fill out 30-page application for the Flight Training Candidate Checks Program.

Aren't there any US citizen pilots in Norman, OK that he could hire? - Isn't jet training outrageously expensive?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ken, I predict that you've probably made the guv'mint's shit list quite a few times ;-)

Tony
Quote Reply
Re: How easy it is to get on the gov't's s*** list [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Ken, I predict that you've probably made the guv'mint's shit list quite a few times ;-)

Tony[/reply]

We'll find out soon enough: I'm in for a security clearance...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brother, who is a poet and one of the nicest most peaceful guys you could ever meet, applied for a job that required government clearance. It was refused. He doesn't know why and he's not really the type to FOIA the hell out of them. He figures it had to do with the fact that he hangs out with a fairly diverse crowd (you know -- those wacky poet types).
Quote Reply