Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what the f*ck is the world coming to?
Quote | Reply
a good friend of mine was stabbed in the throat and killed last night at the bar here.

A guy was hitting on his girlfriend (the guy actually had sang onstage as an act earlier that night) and my friend told the guy to bugger off and leave his girl alone. The other guy then pulled a knife and slit justin's throat open. they rushed him to the hospital but he died on the way from massive blood loss. the guy who stabbed him ran out of the bar and they still haven't caught him yet.

why in the fuck would someone do that? what in God's name would possess a person to pull a knife on someone and not only stab them, but blatantly make an attempt to take a life. he cut his fucking throat. one of my best friends is dead b/c some fucking ass cut his fucking throat. the guy who stabbed him was hitting on my friend's girlfriend as well.

sorry. rant over. i'm slightly unsettled right now.

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: what the f*ck is the world coming to? [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to apologize, man. Can't answer your questions in any meaningful, non-trite sounding way, but would like to express my sorrow and sympathy. This sucks anyway you look at it. I hope you and your friend had a lot of good times together, stuff you can remember and laugh about when you think of him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is just awful. I am so sorry.

God bless your friend and his family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry , that's so final ,when your on scene to watch it go down. Was it a rough bar ? Canada ? Find somebody to talk it out will , It will take a while .

Bars + booze + babes + too much testosterone + knives = trouble
Quote Reply
Re: what the f*ck is the world coming to? [Helitech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no...i wasn't there. not sure if that would have/could have helped anything.

small town (kingston), canada. this kind of shit doesn't happen here, it's all students. (this wasn't...the guy who stabbed him was a local). but fuck...this place is safe...or supposed to be.

i think for a lot of us that were classmates with him, the worst part is that it was so final, so fast. it wasn't like he got sick and we could go visit him. his life was over within 30 minutes, and i didn't find out till the next day.

it's still surreal right now. it's not going to sink in until monday when i walk in and he's not there in class to chat with.

thanks for the condolences guys, i do appreciate it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seemed odd, Canada is pretty mellow most of the time. It is surreal , I would get calls about someones death, time would stop / I would be floored for the day ,Real good friends a piece of you dies with them.

I have a ton of friends that died at sea , bodies never recovered . Its best to turn the memory's of them into Good stories / times you had with them. As the sad death Stories are the start of a depressing spiral.
Last edited by: Helitech: Mar 26, 05 17:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This happened in Kingston? There is a murder there about once every ten years. It's usually a very safe place.

Obvously this guy is a nut bar. The police will get him.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Quote Reply
Re: what the f*ck is the world coming to? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kingston is a great town, especially for university students but I guess there's also a few unsavory characters hanging around. I'm not surprised that the incident happened at AJ's. It has a reputation as a "kid's" bar so there are quite often fights there. I haven't been in there for many, many years. I'm too old for the place.

Here's the details.

http://www.thewhig.com/...p;catname=Local+News
Quote Reply
Re: what the f*ck is the world coming to? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i hate that bar.

i've gotten a bad vibe there every single time i've gone. way too many 'townies' just there looking for fights.

p.s. they caught the guy this morning.

Last edited by: krgregg: Mar 26, 05 9:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AJ's has always been that way. Hasn't changed from twenty years ago, which was about the last time I was in there.

Glad to hear they caught the guy. He's going away for a long time and will now be a permanent resident of Kingston - with free room and board at the penitentiary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit man, I'm really sorry to hear that.

That is a terrible thing to have happen and I am sorry for your loss and for the awful trauma this brought into your life. It is horrible- the very definition of horror. Awful.

Why do people do it? Because some people are bad people. I know that sounds simple, but I have found it to be true. Fortunately, this is the overwhelming minority of society.

Peace to you and my sincere wishes for better days ahead soon.

Tom.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
horrible loss for anyone much less a triathlete brother..there aren't going to be any words I can offer to help I'm sure..if only the Canadian legal system could deal with people like this in a like manner. I am very sorry
Quote Reply
Re: what the f*ck is the world coming to? [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, that sucks. I'm sorry about your friend. I heard about it on the news. It's unfortunate that the crime rate in Kingston is so high; other than that it's a great city. Both my wife and I grew up in Kingston and also went to Queen's. When I heard the story on the news I wondered it it might have happened at AJ's since that was were all the Queen's students went when we were there.
Quote Reply