Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: We have dorks in Canada also... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... or at least in Edmonton... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiousity, why would you call him a dork? I can think of a lot more dorky things than this, I think the movie itself is more dorky than this, given that the guy completely structured what he did so that he would gain weight.

Anyway, curious that you would call this a goof, and just interested in your thoughts.

On a completely separate note, signing up for any Multisport Tris this year?

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: We have dorks in Canada also... [Tri-ing in TO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just got back from the TO bike show where I signed on the dotted line for a whole season of Multisport races..game on
Quote Reply
Re: We have dorks in Canada also... [Tri-ing in TO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"why would you call him a dork?"

Because he's from Alberta for a starter. :) Just kidding. My daughter is going to university in Calgary.

Seriously, did you not read what the nutritionist had to say about this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also supersize me was based on McDonalds sales and marketing policies. Basically the author was an ideal McD's customer.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you not read what the nutritionist had to say about this.

I thought this was the nutritionist's most helpful comment: "He's probably losing weight because he's burning more calories than he's eating."

Do ya think?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An all McDonalds diet is quite stupid. However, Super Size Me was also stupid and alarmist. It's funny how people seem to take home the message that any junk food will kill you.... sheesh, lighten up.

There are lots of Canadian dorks. The guys in Barenaked Ladies are pretty much the dorkiest guys I've ever seen, besides myself. They have, however, put out some great albums.

In Reply To:
just got back from the TO bike show where I signed on the dotted line for a whole season of Multisport races..game on
But this is less dorky than last year! I may do a few so I may look you up before hand...me and Snoots may do a few.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply