Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cat breed experts?
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if anyone out there is relatively expert with cat breeds. There seems to be an expert on pretty much everything in here somewhere. I was just curious as to what breed my cat might be. I'm sure she's not purebred or anything, but I would also guess she's mostly made up of some sort of recognized breed. She's all grey with pale green eyes, short hair and a heart shaped face. I think she might be a Korat, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. If someone has actual knowledge, I'll post a picture or send it to you.

Thanks.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Cat breed experts? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Korat sounds plausible...also possibly a Russian blue...sending a pic might be helpful. Even though I am by no means an expert (at anything) I might be able to find someone who is who can help. Email addy is in my profile.
Quote Reply
Re: Cat breed experts? [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's some pictures

http://homepage.mac.com/tuckermatthew/PhotoAlbum3.html

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same kind of cat,

That is a "Normal Cat", felinus commonalus.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cat breed experts? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom might only be partly right here. Uncommon to see cats of that shade of gray with no onther colour markings though. The face has a slight look of Siamese to it and might be as much as half that. I'll see what others have to say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy-

no expert, but I usually rescue about 100 cats/year and am always looking for a clue to their breeding. Korats have an almost "ticked" fur, meaning each piece changes color from root to tip. They look a bit more silver rather than blue. Your gal looks more liek a Russian blue because of the color, the largeer ears and the slight wedge to the head. However, I would say she is probably a "Domestic Short Hair". :) Although not as prevelant as the orange tabby, it actually is fairly common to find all blue cats in the general population. My husband loves this color, so they have a special draw for me when I am looking for rescues.
Quote Reply
Re: Cat breed experts? [TriKitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no real illusions that she is any type of purebreed. I was just curious about what might be in her. Most of the research I did, which was very limited I will admit, has shown that domestics usually have something else besides just the grey. Usually some white. Anyway, I was just curious. I'll probably just convince myself she's a Korat since they're good luck in Thailand.;-)

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am no expert - but she looks very simular to the russian blue my mother had as a child in England (yes we have pics of that cat)

But what ever she is - be glad she is with you - cats are wonderful to have around (from a cat owner of many years)
Quote Reply