Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FAR out websites you've come across.
Quote | Reply
The internet is a strange place...

http://www.geocities.com/.../nefershallpage2.htm

"When the average human alpha brain wave frequency of 10.6 hz. and most frequently occurring elf-wave frequency which is also 10.6 hz. is divided by the last frequency of the alpha brain wave range, or first ceiling frequency of the elf wave range which is 13.hz. the result is: .7851851 - - - . This is very close to being the value of 1 / 4 pi. This information was responsible for the rediscovery of the Ra System of Mathematics and the eventual realization that it was used in the design of the Great Pyramid of Egypt and in other ancient buildings located throughout the world and on the planet Mars."

Makes you feel pretty normal I bet, huh?

You got any crazy sites you've come across lately?
Quote Reply
Re: FAR out websites you've come across. [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some people just have a little more time on their hands than others it seems...they really ought to give triathlons a shot instead. Much more productive.
Quote Reply
Re: FAR out websites you've come across. [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you find running in circles for hours and hours, swimming lanes backwards and forwards, and pushing cranks up and down productive? What is it that you are producing? Is triathlon not an alternative means of escapism?

One can argue that you simply wasting energy resources, moving objects aimlessly.

When I train I most certainly not producing anything. I do it to escape to a place where my brain can only focus on the most two basic things – moving and breathing. This makes me productive in the following day, as it helps me to clear my head. Not very different from those who you classify as having too much time.

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok, maybe this doesn't qualify as ' far out' , well then again I suppose it does... but definitely a good laugh.

http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm
Quote Reply
Re: FAR out websites you've come across. [garlicbreath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
garlicbreath, definitely not far out, but worth a good laugh, so long as you are respectable about the laugh, otherwise somebody might freak out and chop your head off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ever check out www.big-boys.com

Always zany.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: FAR out websites you've come across. [baruch spinoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
something tells me that no reply to your post will do any good. Mine was made in jest (forgive the lack of ;-) at the end of it to indicate as much but the veneer was pretty thin and likely easy to see through. There wasn't a real point to be made but thanks for taking the effort to tear apart any potential one that could have been. Best of luck with your form of escapism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read your post as semi-sarcastic, but I have to say baruch makes a decent point.

not saying he didn' have a point...I was just a little bothered that he did so at my expense...but we all have to be on the recieving end some time don't we.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we all have to be on the recieving end some time don't we.

yep ;)

I guess what irked me was that the thread was entitled FAR outwebsites..to me meaning that the content shouldn't be taken for anything other than light hearted..hence the equally light hearted reply. Somehoe it got moved into a personal battle of existentialism. Like comparing mathematics that leads to pyramids around the planet (and others too..which makes me wonder how they can be certain but that's another thread...or not) to doing triathlons. I suggested these people get out and exercise something other than their mind and am suddenly criticized for such a recommendation. On a triathlon forum no less. Not something ones expects..but then expecting the unexpected is always a plus.
I am a bit confused about the parallel between doing tris and doing math though. I didn't get the impression that doing math was a method of escapism. Doing tris..could be intended as such. But isn't math supposed to serve some higher purpose? Isn't there supposed to be a point to it all? While my initial post was meant as a joke I can't help but wonder...are these people looking to prove that all things are linked mathematically? I'll save them the trouble..all things are. And in a way all things are linked to triathlon as well. Something about sixe degrees of separation or the like. I do have a hard time wrapping my, less than mathematical mind (I was never good at it..hence my defensive reaction), around measuring brain waves and how they pertain to the building of pyramids (on this planet or another). Maybe I best stick to my method of escapism I guess.
And baruch...you did have a good point..and I did get it. I just didn't like the delivery I suppose. But again..we all gotta take it some time.
Quote Reply
You can do anything [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely, definitely, far and away the most far out website I have veer seen is www.zombo.com, it has been around for *years*.

The only limit is yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: You can do anything [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm inclined to study the tao of zombo. Honestly, I was cracking up listening to that guy, and it's very rare that I laugh aloud while sitting alone. Just plain awesome. I'd like to get an Ipod, download that guys voice, and loop it. Can you imagine listening to that for hours on end while riding..."you can do ANYTHING! the unattainable is POSSIBLE! the infinite..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
www.despair.com
Quote Reply