Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank
Quote | Reply
 FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank in black. asking $75
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank [ma_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it include BB? How many miles on it?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank [linux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No bottom bracket just the crank and the chain rings. There is maybe a thousand miles on it at most.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank [ma_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if this would be compatible with the Shimano 105 (5600 series) I imagine it is but would want to make sure. Additionally would the BB be the same? I want to swap out my wife's cranks for compacts.

Thanks,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank [johnbrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not the OP, but I'm guessing that the Gossamer would be compatible with a Shimano 105 setup. I've run a FSA Team / FSA rings with Shimano Ultegra / Dura Ace components without any issues at all, and the 105's would likely spec the same. I'd also think that the Gossamer would fit on a Shimano BB (if that is what you have....).
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank [johnbrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. The gossamer crank will work with an otherwise Shimano drivetrain.

No. You need to get an FSA specific BB. The shimano BB has a different spindle diameter. I know this from experience! (note: apparently older models of the gossamer could fit with a shimano BB. But I found the 'newer' gossamer spindle to be too big to fit in the Shimano BB.).
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
Yes. The gossamer crank will work with an otherwise Shimano drivetrain.

No. You need to get an FSA specific BB. The shimano BB has a different spindle diameter. I know this from experience! (note: apparently older models of the gossamer could fit with a shimano BB. But I found the 'newer' gossamer spindle to be too big to fit in the Shimano BB.).

Interesting. I was told that the FSA MegaExo BB is the same diameter as the Shimano Dura / Ultegra BB's. I can say for sure that a Rotor 3D crank (which is Shimano BB compatible) fits on a FSA MegaExo BB, which is why I thought the opposite might be true. I didn't have a Gossamer on the MegaExo, though, (I was previously running a FSA Team crank), so I'm guessing that the newer Gossamers use something different then.

I have to admit that I find the BB compatibility stuff to be very confusing....

Anyway, I'm glad that you clarified - I didn't intend to misadvise!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Gossamer crankset 172.5 50/34 compact crank [CiscoKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I tried a gossamer crankset with an Ultegra 6600 BB. The fit was (as my father in-law likes to say) 'tighter than a camel's ass in a sand storm'. I used a rubber mallet and managed to get the spindle into the drive side bottom bracket, but it really provided a lot of resistance. Even getting the spindle out was tough too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would check with your LBS. I do know that my bike has an Ultegra BB and the the FSA got swapped out for a FSA SRAM Crank.
Quote Reply